New dashboard

Web-ling

Ugh. I strongly dislike the new dashboard. Way too much white space. I don't need to see all the recent logs from friends. Missing the Quick View across the top. Missing my own recent logs.

Horrible.

If you want to provide some feedback, the best place to do so would be in the Release Notes.

Also, the new dashboard is opt-in. You don't have to use it right now. You can opt back out and wait until later to see if they improve some of the items you mentioned above.

I tried the new dashboard for the first time tonight. Clicked on "Logs" and my browser froze because of some javascript bug I don't feel like running down for Groundspeak.

Groundspeak: Please, please, pretty please, could you try to eliminate the browser-killing bugs before you release these pages into the wild? Nobody but you is asking for Javascript instead of normal html pages, so if you're going to foist it on us you could at least make the effort to make it well-behaved.

Really dislike the new Dashboard.

Why must you guys always screw around with things that are not broken?

You messed with the Challenge Caches, with logging procedures and now the dashboard.

What's next?

As The A-Team mentioned earlier, the best place to post your feedback would be in the Release Notes - which Lackeys are more actively monitoring.

what the hell are you doing? In germany we call it "Verschlimmbessern" what means "doing something worse thru thinking doing it better".

I'm really happy, that the old search works on and now the dashboard gets a redesign thats horror.

- you're wasting space

- you have no more overview over all logs

- it's quite colourful, what will not help

- you have to use it on a mobile browser too. There are the old designs much better

- I'm not interested in logs of my friends. The dashboard is an information for me and my account. If I want to know, what my friends will do - I watch for my self. Should I kill now all friendships to get back the overview of my account? I can use email notifications for caches around me. That's enough

please stop the team, that's doing redesigns.

Edited by widdi

I tried the new dashboard for the first time tonight. Clicked on "Logs" and my browser froze because of some javascript bug I don't feel like running down for Groundspeak.

That link currently points to the page listing all of your logs throughout your career, which is very slow to load for any long-time cachers. I don't think it's a JavaScript issue, but rather just a server/browser performance issue in serving/rendering a lot of content.

That link currently points to the page listing all of your logs throughout your career, which is very slow to load for any long-time cachers. I don't think it's a JavaScript issue, but rather just a server/browser performance issue in serving/rendering a lot of content.

Isn't that link going to the same log list page it went to in the old profile? It looks the same to me, and I've had that problem for years, ever since I got to a few thousand logs. Now changing that to an approach that makes looking at past logs less insufferable would be a good way to spend programming resources.

Sorry but another unhappy cacher with the new dashboard.

On my current dashboard I have additional stats & challenges. Souvenir "badges" from attending events & completing trails etc.

The individuality of each profile has gone.

Reverting back as there is less information on the new site than we had before!!