Release Notes (Website: Updated Profile and Dashboard) - May 16, 2017

How do I get to my private lists from the new profile page?

You can't. You can't on the old form of the profile page either. That has only ever shown the lists you've marked as public.

To view all of your lists, you'd need to go to your Lists page. This can be accessed from

• New dashboard: the "Your lists" link on the left side
  • Old dashboard: either the "Lists" link at the top of the page or the "My Lists" link on the right side

How do I get to my private lists from the new profile page?

You can't. You can't on the old form of the profile page either. That has only ever shown the lists you've marked as public.

To view all of your lists, you'd need to go to your Lists page. This can be accessed from

• New dashboard: the "Your lists" link on the left side
  • Old dashboard: either the "Lists" link at the top of the page or the "My Lists" link on the right side

Thank you! I had bookmarked the old profile page - https://www.geocaching.com/p/default.aspx?id=217132 - which brought up the page "This is a new profile experience...". THAT page had nothing on the left, just a list of hides and finds. Even clicking on the lists tab, there was nothing. I even tried the link to take me back to the old profile and then used its link to return to the new profile - nope. It wasn't until I clicked on our user name way up top in the header that I got a new profile page with the stuff on the left. Not intuitive at all!!!

Mrs. Car54

Edit to say that the way I was getting there from the old profile page was to click on "lists" on the quick view line at the top of the page. My original question wasn't very clear - I knew private lists never showed directly on the profile page. It's just that I couldn't find where to click to get to them. :)

Edited by Car54

Something I just discovered: I often have two windows open, one on the right half of the monitor and one on the left. With the window taking up only half the monitor, on the Dashboard, the Recently Viewed and Recent Logs don't show up. I just get gray space where they would normally be. When I maximize the window, they show up again. Not a big problem, but it would be nice if they showed up when the window was only taking up half the monitor.

Something I just discovered: I often have two windows open, one on the right half of the monitor and one on the left. With the window taking up only half the monitor, on the Dashboard, the Recently Viewed and Recent Logs don't show up. I just get gray space where they would normally be. When I maximize the window, they show up again. Not a big problem, but it would be nice if they showed up when the window was only taking up half the monitor.
Interesting. As I narrow my browser window, first the top navigation bars vanish (including the username, avatar, and number of finds that are supposedly available at the top of every page), then the content shrinks just a bit, and then the content vanishes. The navbars and content don't drop lower on the page. They vanish and become unavailable.

Oops...

Interesting. As I narrow my browser window, first the top navigation bars vanish (including the username, avatar, and number of finds that are supposedly available at the top of every page), then the content shrinks just a bit, and then the content vanishes. The navbars and content don't drop lower on the page. They vanish and become unavailable.

Oops...

Do they drop into the three horizontal lines icon at the top right?

Mine do, but it's possible that this may be browser dependent.

Do they drop into the three horizontal lines icon at the top right?
Huh... What do you know. There they are.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'd missed it entirely.

I don't normally encounter this myself though, because my default browser window is just a little wider than needed to keep the top navigation bars in place.

I am reading this thread where the OP asks for his hides with NM flag to be listed on the dashboard. Please consider adding this now when working on the new dashboard, there is way too many caches out there with owners not aware of them having the red wrench 45.png set. Such a list would disappear from the cache owner's dashboard once he performs the maintenance of the affected caches.

I bet there would be only a few that would mind it but a LOT that would appreaciate such a notification and its implication = less caches in a bad shape.

I am reading this thread where the OP asks for his hides with NM flag to be listed on the dashboard. Please consider adding this now when working on the new dashboard, there is way too many caches out there with owners not aware of them having the red wrench 45.png set. Such a list would disappear from the cache owner's dashboard once he performs the maintenance of the affected caches.

I bet there would be only a few that would mind it but a LOT that would appreaciate such a notification and its implication = less caches in a bad shape.

I agree wholeheartedly with this suggestion.

Thank you for bringing this up! We are planning on adding something similar this summer.

Can't remember if it's been mentioned, but I haven't specifically referred to this in my comments about the recent logs - I just realized now that they are listed by log posted date rather than log date found. That's a completely different kind of list than the old dashboard page. Another use I had was to verify all the dates were correct for the logs I just posted (and the TB logs connected to them). Can't do that with the new dashboard page, since I now see today's date for all the logs for caches I found days ago; mixed in with all the friend logs with the same dating issue.

I can see the value of current activity in a friend feed, but 'Recent Logs' to me was always about the log finding date, never about the date the log was created. Please return the LogDate view option to that list in the set of updates your applying... thx!