Feature Request : Log a find with another Geocache member

It would be nice to be able to log a find and select other members you are with so they get the find on their account as well without having to log additional finds on the cache. I typically hunt for caches with my two children. I created them their own accounts so that when they branch out on their own they still have 'credit' for those caches we find together but it gets tedious logging on three accounts.

Edited by BitOfBoth

Doubtful you'll get to see that happen...

We're already seeing (while FTF or STF) new logs with names added in the middle...all members of a team account, placed by one person.

By your idea, I could go out and log a few caches for the "Team" on a lengthy hike-to route, while everyone is really at my house starting up the barbecue. ;)

Currently if I wanted to do something similar, it'd take their passwords to log them in for that fake "find".

- I don't believe most would be okay with that. :)

Make them log their own finds! :P

You could carry a trackable with you, one for each of the children, and "Visit" the relevant TB in the cache that the child/children is with you.

They would then have a record of the caches they had been to with you.

Or. Log at some of the other API partners...

GSAK will allow you to do semi-auto logging on a couple of accounts.

You could carry a trackable with you, one for each of the children, and "Visit" the relevant TB in the cache that the child/children is with you.

They would then have a record of the caches they had been to with you.

We know of a lot of folks who do that, though the kids don't yet have own accounts.

- It's for record of caches done if they want their own accounts later. :)

I'm not a fan of the OP's idea.

If CacherA writes the Found It log and lists CacherB and CacherC, then would all 3 cachers' logs show up on the cache page?

If yes - then consider whether CacherB's and CacherC's Found It logs would be blank - or would they copy the text from CacherA's log.

If no - then consider how odd it would be for CacherB to go to that cache page and see their smiley at the top of the page, but then not be able to find their individual in the list of logs at the bottom of the page. They would have to remember that they were a +1 to that cache, while on other caches they do have individual logs if they were not a +1.

Submitting a log online, for each cacher's account, is a core component of this hobby. If it's not worth doing, then maybe consider whether it's worth keeping track of at all. Maybe it's not really worthwhile to maintain separate accounts.