Armchair Waymarking?

So, I have now found every waymark in my country, all 4 of them.

Whilst going over the waymark categories grid I came across the bloggers waymark, which seems to be a waymark you can "find" by visiting a website whilst sat at home in an armchair.

The blogging website I went to was interesting etc, and there are several of the blogs I found informative and am therefore grateful to their owners for setting them up etc.

Is there a list of the categories of waymark categories can be discovered without leaving the house, or in my case the country?

On a side note, as a geocacher, the idea of "finding" or "visiting" something without actually going to that location is a bit at odds with me, but as I am sure someone will point out, Waymarking isn't geocaching.

Whilst going over the waymark categories grid I came across the bloggers waymark, which seems to be a waymark you can "find" by visiting a website whilst sat at home in an armchair.

The blogging website I went to was interesting etc, and there are several of the blogs I found informative and am therefore grateful to their owners for setting them up etc.

Is there a list of the categories of waymark categories can be discovered without leaving the house, or in my case the country?

On a side note, as a geocacher, the idea of "finding" or "visiting" something without actually going to that location is a bit at odds with me, but as I am sure someone will point out, Waymarking isn't geocaching.

Waymarking can be played by Drive-By Waymarking where you drive-by and take pictures, then upload them from your armchair.

It's fun, and I have Waymarked from Automobiles, bikes, quads, mules and kayak. B)

A similar category would be Photo Goals. You may not be able to do them all in your armchair but you can do many of them in your country.

The photo goals waymarks remind me of the challenges that were set up in geocaching some years back. I was happy when they were removed.

Man! What I would give to live in a country with only 4 waymarks posted!!!

It would sure save on gas looking for new things to waymark!

Keith

The entire country is only 26 miles long, and petrol is very very cheap.

Keith

Then what you would have is what we have here, every posted WM within 26 miles is posted by the same person. :laughing:

But I areee, I would mount my camel and go do some Drive-By Waymarking. :D

Keith

This is an OUTSTANDING Waymarking opportunity for you, to share the interesting locations of your country with the world, tell its unique stories, and explore all of it at the same time :)

Keith

This is an OUTSTANDING Waymarking opportunity for you, to share the interesting locations of your country with the world, tell its unique stories, and explore all of it at the same time :)

Been here 4 years now, the island is fully explored.

Problem with sharing locations with the world, is that i suspect that the waymarks i create will never get visited by a waymarker. Nevertheless, i plan to submit 2 or three waymarks a week.

Edited by tyzack4

Keith

Been here 4 years now, the island is fully explored.

Problem with sharing locations with the world, is that i suspect that the waymarks i create will never get visited by a waymarker. Nevertheless, i plan to submit 2 or three waymarks a week.

Sounds like a good plan and realistic expectations.

When you wait for visits and think you deserve them, then Waymarking is probably not the right thing for you. They will come, maybe, in more populated touristic places, but usually not in remote locations.

You might find out, that creating waymarks can be fun just for itself. And you will find more locations to post than it seems at first.

On a positive note, I'm escaping the island next month and passing through a few other counties that seem a bit more active on the Waymarking front. A couple of geocachers back in England are waymarkers, although I didn't know that until I searched the map are recognized their tags.

The more waymarks you create, the more waymarkers will be tempted to visit your country. And wow, the Ahmed Al Fateh Grand Mosque looks awesome!

Edited to add: You can list "the world's largest fiberglass dome" in the "Superlatives" category.

Edited by PISA-caching