Interesting Document

It's interesting that someone should bring this up. A few days ago I ran across yet another database listing of one thing and another which lists Waymarking as a reference database. It's far from the first time that I've noticed such a listing.

Also, try searching on almost any tangible, Waymarkable item and a Waymark will often be at or near the top of the hit list. I've often found a Waymark of mine that I wanted to refer to simply by Googling an appropriate word and the town name. A Google spider must reside almost permanently at Waymarking as I can sometimes get a Google hit on a Waymark that is less than an hour old.

Same goes for photos with Google Images. Oft times I can find old pix of mine most easily by Googling appropriate keywords.

Keith

Edited by BK-Hunters

I know for a fact that the Texas Historical Commission uses the Texas historical marker waymarks for many purposes.

Every Virginia Historical Marker in my region is also listed as a Pokemon GO stop. I know their game is based from Ingress locations, but suspect the data could have been shared through Waymarking. Just a hunch, something that we noticed as Pokemon GO players that Waymark. :P