Temporary Caching Hiatus

DenaliNW

I knew it was coming . . . but I wasn't expecting it to be early! My wife gave birth today to a brand new little boy (He wasn't due until April). The little man is going to keep us busy for a while, hence the temporary hiatus. Now to figure out which cache should be the first one we go on as a pair?

We knew the baby was coming from your recent logs! Congrats! Exclamation points! May life as you once knew it return to normalcy (in about 18 years). The best thing about babies is that, well, what do i know?

Does he have a name yet? Does he like tupperware? Should we race him with makaio's new arrival?

All kidding aside; best wishes to the three of you. To what coordinates do we send gifts?

i'm totally anti-smily face, but here they are:

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

We knew the baby was coming from your recent logs! Congrats! Exclamation points! May life as you once knew it return to normalcy (in about 18 years). The best thing about babies is that, well, what do i know?

Does he have a name yet? Does he like tupperware? Should we race him with makaio's new arrival?

All kidding aside; best wishes to the three of you. To what coordinates do we send gifts?

i'm totally anti-smily face, but here they are:

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

Actually, they have me logging a whole new kind of find here at the hospital. Every time the boy (Andrew) fills a diaper, I get to record the find in a log for the nurses. icon_eek.gif I have five finds already today - you think Jeremy will allow them in my count? icon_razz.gif

Thank you all for your kind words and your encouragement. He sure is a blessed miracle.

Actually, they have me logging a whole new kind of find here at the hospital. Every time the boy (Andrew) fills a diaper, I get to record the find in a log for the nurses. icon_eek.gif I have five finds already today - you think Jeremy will allow them in my count? icon_razz.gif

Thank you all for your kind words and your encouragement. He sure is a blessed miracle.

Congrats!! Team Misguided added a member to the geocaching community 3 1/2 months ago. The days when you could see a new cache posted on the 15 newest list and say I'm going to grab my GPSr and be the first one to log it are GONE!! It will take you an hour just to gather up everything you'll need for the baby.

By then Oregone will have beat you to it. icon_wink.gif

As an advanced notice for all the new parents out there, Team Misguided is planning an event cache in the Olympia area this summer. It might be fun to get all the new cachers together for a photo op. It's a good location and about the same distance from Seattle as it is from Portland.

"No matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai

Congrats!! Team Misguided added a member to the geocaching community 3 1/2 months ago. The days when you could see a new cache posted on the 15 newest list and say I'm going to grab my GPSr and be the first one to log it are GONE!! It will take you an hour just to gather up everything you'll need for the baby.

By then Oregone will have beat you to it. icon_wink.gif

As an advanced notice for all the new parents out there, Team Misguided is planning an event cache in the Olympia area this summer. It might be fun to get all the new cachers together for a photo op. It's a good location and about the same distance from Seattle as it is from Portland.

"No matter where you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai

Congratulations, DenaliNW! Definitely more fun to log diapers than caches when you think of how wonderful it is to have your own child. Even though geocaching is a fun new hobby, it pales in comparison to the joy of parenthood. We have made it through the diaper stage, terrible twos, soccer practice, teen years and now have college bills to pay.

If you need help maintaining your Proposals or Attack of the Clone caches, just let us know. We are close by and would be glad to do maintenance checks.

From the Proposals cache. Helps keep my wife interested in this hobby. Had a nice relaxing day, and look forward to going out and playing tomorrow on my day off. The hiatus is slowly disappearing, as I find little moments here and there to go grab a cache.

Congrats Denalidad!! Your new one is approaching the four month mark and probably very soon will be able to operate the gps! Enjoy parenthood, it's the most fulfilling, exasperating, enriching, frustrating, loving, and self knowing esperience one can have! Ra (I'm thinking of changing my name...)

Just so we don't have to crawl into those tight spots.

The geopup is turning out to have a faulty sniffer, and I have no idea where I put his warranty. I doubt they will let me trade him for a better model.

Honestly, for as many injuries as I sustain whilst caching, I am horrified of the thought of falling down a tallus slope with a baby in my arms, or in one of those slings. illDRIVE is so tall, if he were to fall while holding it, it would take about 2 days to reach the ground! We may just have to settle for those stroller accessible caches. icon_smile.gif

Just so we don't have to crawl into those tight spots.

The geopup is turning out to have a faulty sniffer, and I have no idea where I put his warranty. I doubt they will let me trade him for a better model.

Honestly, for as many injuries as I sustain whilst caching, I am horrified of the thought of falling down a tallus slope with a baby in my arms, or in one of those slings. illDRIVE is so tall, if he were to fall while holding it, it would take about 2 days to reach the ground! We may just have to settle for those stroller accessible caches. icon_smile.gif