International Coordinents are Not Showing on GPS

RaceCarDan

We are heading to Europe and the computer I am bringing does not let me download the coordinates to my Garmin GPSmap 60 so I am using my home computer to pre-load the coordinates. First I deleted everything from my Garmin to make room for the additional information. The downloads appear to be successful but when I go to find them on the Garmin GPS unit nothing is showing up. So, are they actually loaded but not showing up due to the distance? Will they magically appear once I am within a closer proximity? Thanks for your response.

Thanks for the quick responses. Appreciate the information.

If I can recall from the Garmin GPSMap 76Cx I used to own (similar to the 60 but with a different case) you can see a list of cache if you view the list alphabetically rather than by distance. Whenever I download caches prior to traveling I always zoom to the location where I'll be visiting to make sure that the caches and the maps I've downloaded (I use the Open Street Maps for Garmin) display correctly. If you don't have maps for where you're going in Europe I'd highly recommend the OSM maps (http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/)

We are heading to Europe and the computer I am bringing does not let me download the coordinates to my Garmin GPSmap 60 so I am using my home computer to pre-load the coordinates. First I deleted everything from my Garmin to make room for the additional information. The downloads appear to be successful but when I go to find them on the Garmin GPS unit nothing is showing up. So, are they actually loaded but not showing up due to the distance? Will they magically appear once I am within a closer proximity? Thanks for your response.

The old 60 doens't have the limitiations on distance. So it should right away offer you about every waypoint you have been putting onto the device regardless where in the world it is. I just remember that the device only stores waypoints and no further info. And it also comes with ~115MB of free space so you're VERY limited in installing maps.

In this special case I would more suggest using a smartphone, sorry to say that!

The old 60 doens't have the limitiations on distance. So it should right away offer you about every waypoint you have been putting onto the device regardless where in the world it is. I just remember that the device only stores waypoints and no further info. And it also comes with ~115MB of free space so you're VERY limited in installing maps.

In this special case I would more suggest using a smartphone, sorry to say that!

When I have caches loaded into the 60 that are more than 50 miles away (I think it is), then I have to search for them by name, or wait until I'm closer physically to use the "nearest caches" option.

As for maps, use the microsd card to load the maps onto.

B.