Pocket Queries

marander15

I have recently purchased a Garmin Oregon 650T and have no problem downloading individual caches. However, after generating a Pocket Query I can't seem to download all the caches at once - I can only do them one at a time. Is there some sort of trick that I'm missing?

I have recently purchased a Garmin Oregon 650T and have no problem downloading individual caches. However, after generating a Pocket Query I can't seem to download all the caches at once - I can only do them one at a time. Is there some sort of trick that I'm missing?

Are you downloading from the second tab "Pocket Queries Ready for Downloading" on this page: https://www.geocaching.com/pocket/

Edited by Bear and Ragged

Are you downloading from the second tab "Pocket Queries Ready for Downloading" on this page: https://www.geocaching.com/pocket/

OK, I tried that and sure enough it told me that one of my PQ's was ready for down-loading - my problem now is how to get it going, as I don't see any way to do it. I tried selecting it using the little box at the left-hand end of the line but nothing seemed to happen! I also tried clicking on the name of the PQ but all that did was to display a load of code! I really don't want to download the caches one at a time - please can you help me?

I also tried clicking on the name of the PQ but all that did was to display a load of code!

What operating system and browser are you using?

Left-click the PQ link and, for example in Windows and Internet Explorer, you are offered the options to open or save the "Zip" file, and you select "save" and choose a folder to save it in. Or right-click the link to save the file. Unzip and place it (typically two GPX files once unzipped) into the Garmin/GPX folder of the Garmin Oregon.

Edited by kunarion
I also tried clicking on the name of the PQ but all that did was to display a load of code!

What operating system and browser are you using?

Left-click the PQ link and, for example in Windows and Internet Explorer, you are offered the options to open or save the "Zip" file, and you select "save" and choose a folder to save it in. Or right-click the link to save the file. Unzip and place it (typically two GPX files once unzipped) into the Garmin/PPX folder of the Garmin Oregon.

I'm using Internet Explorer in Windows 10. I'm not sure what you mean by 'Left-click the PQ link' - if I left-click on the (underscored) name of the PQ then I get back to the PQ input screen, right-clicking on it does nothing!

I've now been trying your suggestions all morning and think I'm nearly there! I got the two GPX files and put them in the Garmin/GPX folder (I assume you meant GPX, not PPX?). Now what do I have to do in order to save all the caches?

Success at last!! Thank you Kunarion, Walts Hunting and Bear and Ragged.

Edited by marander15

I've now been trying your suggestions all morning and think I'm nearly there! I got the two GPX files and put them in the Garmin/GPX folder (I assume you meant GPX, not PPX?). Now what do I have to do in order to save all the caches?

Success at last!! Thank you Kunarion, Walts Hunting and Bear and Ragged.

Yes, "GPX".

Make a note of the steps you take to load Pocket Queries. Depending on installed software, mouse clicks may be taken over by other software and work differently than the default... for your convenience... :anibad: