Waypoints Uneditable

OzGuff

A cache I own -- Dead Ends 2 -- has a number of waypoints, none of which are editable. Not the coords, but the text. The icon that you would normally click to edit the text and/or coords just isn't there. [see image below.] It is actually the same for the physical container coordinates, but at least I was able to add a second waypoint for the final coordinates, which *is* editable, and the icon *is* there for that waypoint.

129ac7bc-94d2-4a54-ac5d-cfd2b1cc0d08.png

I have twice tried to get the tech folks at HQ to look into this as a possible coding issue, and their replies have been of no help. 1. It must be a cache saturation issue. [i wasn't trying to change the coords of the final.] 2. Try clearing your cache and/or a different browser. [This occurs on multiple different platforms and with completely different computers.]

And when I have attempted to follow up on HQ's responses they haven't responded to my reply to their response.

Any thoughts? On either my situation or getting HQ to actually look into the situation?

Thanks!

Did you adopt that cache? The adoption system was never set up to consider additional waypoints (which reside in a separate database table from the cache itself) and so they remain under the ownership of the original creator.

My suggestion is that you recreate the waypoints as needed using your account, then ask HQ to delete those not owned by you on the cache.

Doh. My alter ego. I have two accounts that are mutually exclusive, and I must have been logged in as MC when I submitted that cache. And then switched it to my OzGuff account (which is where all of my hides reside).

Thanks for solving the mystery. I'm assuming that this issue doesn't come up all that often.

I'm wondering if ownership of the waypoint page only impacts older hides?

In admin mode, last week I emailed the adoptive owner of a mystery to please fix the waypoints page, which he did ( 2 sets of coords loaded as final, and neither worked in the checker). And, seeing this thread, I adopted a multi-cache from my Premium player account to my Basic member account; basic member account can edit freely.

My recall is that at some point, the script that Prime wrote for ease of waypoint entry became native to the site - I wonder if at that time, ownership of the waypoints page was fixed?