New group. Painted camel statues

Hi guys,

New to Waymarking, but a geocacher of old....

I'm in Bahrain, and there are not a lot of waymarks out here and I supect very few waywarkers to find the way marks.

Bahrain has a steady flow of Americans and Europeans passing through so I'm sure there will be a demand.

I'd like to populate Bahrain with more waymarks and one of the unusual or unique things in Bahrain is about 30 large painted camels that are scattered about the island

I would ultimately like this to become a new catorgory, and an therefore needing a few officers to for the painted camel statues group.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Tyzack4

These tend to be local, one-time community art promotions. My city of San Jose did the same thing with shark figures (for their hockey team) a few years back. I seen other local promotions using horses, elephants and whatever. They are unlikely to achieve a category of their own due to their non-globalness.

Your camels would probably be accepted into Figurative Public Sculpture

These tend to be local, one-time community art promotions. My city of San Jose did the same thing with shark figures (for their hockey team) a few years back. I seen other local promotions using horses, elephants and whatever. They are unlikely to achieve a category of their own due to their non-globalness.

Painted camels aren't limited to Bahrain, several of the Middle East countries have them.

Painted camels aren't limited to Bahrain, several of the Middle East countries have them.

Yes, but if Camel Statues can all be accepted in Figurative Public Sculptures then they will be redundant with that category, and will be rejected in peer review most likely.

I applaud you for wanting to waymark Bahrain :) I'm sure there are many wonderful things to waymark there :)

I like your logic but the first Bear Statue is August 2009, first Lion Statue is September 2005, first Dog Statue is July 2006 and first FPS is August 2007.

My logic is that Waymarking is a silly a** game with McDonald's and Pay Phones as categories, and it has not evolved form the beginning but has declined to what it is at present. My logic is Waymarking has all kinds of room for new players with new ideas. My logic is Waymarkers need to be supportive of each other.

I would have never thought that the Space Invader category would pass, but it did.

Also I have noted how peer review works, and it's lop sided.

I'm not upset by it. I get the idea that if every animal statue had its own category there would be too many.

I believe that Waymarking has room for your Camels too as a stand alone category. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's just that I want to see Waymarking grow with new members and new ideas, but not much has changed in the 10 years that I have been Waymarking. :(