Messaging

This has probably been asked and answered but can't find it.

When will Cachly add the ability to messaging like the geocaching ap. That's the only reason I keep that ap. Cachly is hands down far superior than the geocaching ap.

Also a little trivial question, how about an alert when getting close to the cache?

Thanks

When will Cachly add the ability to messaging like the geocaching ap. That's the only reason I keep that ap. Cachly is hands down far superior than the geocaching ap.

Also a little trivial question, how about an alert when getting close to the cache?

Thanks

There are a couple of comments about the Message Center, on the Cachly Support Forum. You should contact the App's developers to suggest features.

One thing to be very careful about is, you definitely need only one "messenger" App active per device. I'd suggest that GS keep their Official App light on features (people can get a fancier App later if desired), so that it's not a big deal to keep it installed and updated, yet kept mainly for the Message Center function. People instead could remove all traces of "Apps" for the MC, and use MC within the web site, or PM or actual email, but the pros and cons of that are for other threads :ph34r:.

Edited by kunarion

Thanks

There are a couple of comments about the Message Center, on the Cachly Support Forum. You should contact the App's developers to suggest features.

One thing to be very careful about is, you definitely need only one "messenger" App active per device. I'd suggest that GS keep their Official App light on features (people can get a fancier App later if desired), so that it's not a big deal to keep it installed and updated, yet kept mainly for the Message Center function. People instead could remove all traces of "Apps" for the MC, and use MC within the web site, or PM or actual email, but the pros and cons of that are for other threads :ph34r:.

Geocaching.com's API does not allow for its partners to use the message center in their app. It is solely allowed in the official Geocaching app. And it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY that this feature will ever be accessible through the API. So it isn't something that is possible with Cachly.

Thanks

I've never used cachly, but the new geocaching app is free and has the messaging center available. Why not use both?

Thanks

I've never used cachly, but the new geocaching app is free and has the messaging center available. Why not use both?

Because a lot of people don't like the official geocaching app

Geooh Live for Android has a built-in messaging component that presents the web version of messaging in a nice window similar to the official app. The only thing it can't do is receive notifications that a message was sent to you... because Groundspeak's API will not allow that for 3rd party apps. Android allows things like this that iOS can't do.