Delete a list

Yes, that's the obvious action. But when I clicked on the 3 little buttons, "Delete List" was not one of the options...

...until I tried again just now...now it shows up. Sometimes I feel as tho' I'm going nuts! :unsure:

If you have no connection, you will not see the option to delete the list. This is in order to prevent issues with syncing between the app and the web site.

I too have had this issue. I did delete the offline data but at the current time the delete list option is not there. I was able to recently clean out some obsolete lists on my phone but right now that option is not available to get rid of one list that I want. Yeah the data was deleted but I'm sort of anal and hate seeing the list there. And yes, I have a connection so Moun10Bike's answer really is not accurate. There's got to be another reason.

On 22/08/2017 at 8:12 PM, Moun10Bike said:

@pjcai: Is the list that you are unable to delete a PQ by chance? Generated PQs will continue to appear in the list until the file download expires or is deleted from the "Ready for Download" tab on the PQ web page.

I have the same problem as the original poster. I cannot delete a list which was originally generated as a pocket query. The list appears in the Android app even if it is deleted from the "Ready for Download" tab on the website. The "Delete list" is missing in the app for that particular list. I can delete all other lists. I have tried to delete all pocket queries on the website; to log off the app and log back in; to delete the app cache. Nothing works. The list is regenerate in the Android app each time I log back in.

I also cannot delete all lists off my Iphone.  Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't.  It seems to be related to using the PC vs the Iphone.  If I have deleted a list on my PC, I can't delete it from my Iphone.  Must remember to delete from Iphone first?  Not sure.  Sort of frustrating not to be able to get rid of lists on my phone I no longer need.

13 minutes ago, Seeker4Life said:

I also cannot delete all lists off my Iphone.  Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't.  It seems to be related to using the PC vs the Iphone.  If I have deleted a list on my PC, I can't delete it from my Iphone.  Must remember to delete from Iphone first?  Not sure.  Sort of frustrating not to be able to get rid of lists on my phone I no longer need.

If it's from a PQ, you have to wait a week. That's what I recall. If it's a regular list, then I got nothing.

28 minutes ago, Seeker4Life said:

Thanks, Max.  They are not from a PQ :( .

I just tried it out on Max's iphone. The list deleted without any problems.

Deleting a list on the PC should sync with the app, although it might not be immediate!

I'm wondering if just maybe in your case you could delete them on the PC, then log out of your app and back on? Just an idea.

I agree-having lists on the phone that you no longer need is not good.

I moved the caches in two separate lists on my PC geocaching.com account, creating three different lists.  Decided to organize by direction from me instead of type of cache.  Anyway, created new lists on PC version, deleted previous old lists on PC version, no trouble.  Went to phone, expecting the list changes to have synced, but they didn't.  I click on lists,  and th old lists still show up in my lists.   The circle with 3 buttons to the right of the list name, when accessed, offers only View on Map, Download Offline Data, or Cancel.  The red "Delete list" option, which shows up at the top of the menu with my other lists, is not there. I did as you suggested, but no difference.  I must be missing something?

Edited by Seeker4Life
9 minutes ago, Seeker4Life said:

The circle with 3 buttons to the right of the list name, when accessed, offers only View on Map, Download Offline Data, or Cancel.  The red "Delete list" option, which shows up at the top of the menu with my other lists, is not there. I did as you suggested, but no difference.  I must be missing something?

When you see the list of lists....

There is a hamburger menu to the right of each list. That is where the iphone is showing the Delete option.

Edited by Max and 99