Trouble with reviewers, how to deal with that?

felipeL

Hi! First I'm sorry for non-native English.

After a little disagreement with a reviewer, now all reviewers are blocking all my new caches (and of a friend from the same city). How can I deal with that? What do you guys recommend me? I am from Brazil and all our reviewers (little more than 3 or 4) are from Portugal. Our cultura is very different and they don't understand our local issues.

Where is the best place to complain about that? I can make videos proving they are exaggerating on the rigor to apply the guidelines.

Thank you very much!

Edited by felipeL

I am from Brazil and all our reviewers (little more than 3 or 4) are from Portugal. Our cultura is very different and they don't understand our local issues.

This is not the first time I have seen this concern in the forums about the reviewers for Brazil being from Portugal, but guidelines for geocaching are universal, so I am having difficulty understanding what Brazilian culture has to do with reviewing a geocache. :(

Hello Filipe

As far as I can tell, there is only one cache from your account being held by a reviewer. It is not blocked, it's just held until everything is cleared up.

Please bear in mind that the review process may take a little longer some times as reviewers have personal lives and family and their own issues to deal with.

I am from Brazil and all our reviewers (little more than 3 or 4) are from Portugal. Our cultura is very different and they don't understand our local issues.

This is not the first time I have seen this concern in the forums about the reviewers for Brazil being from Portugal, but guidelines for geocaching are universal, so I am having difficulty understanding what Brazilian culture has to do with reviewing a geocache. :(

I read the "cultura" part to mean that perhaps there are different issues related to land use and permission. Railroad right of ways is one area that have markedly different attitudes depending on which part of the world you are in.

I read the "cultura" part to mean that perhaps there are different issues related to land use and permission. Railroad right of ways is one area that have markedly different attitudes depending on which part of the world you are in.

I would like to hear the full story, but guidelines are guidelines aren't they? I do believe that you are correct, and their is a permission issue that the CO needs to address to their reviewer. :)

I read the "cultura" part to mean that perhaps there are different issues related to land use and permission.

Living in Brazil in the last 5 years although a Portuguese as the rest of the community volunteers for this amazing country I usually see and hear the cultural differences referred when related to the proverbial local easy going. Like in this case.

Edited by RuideAlmeida