Logging

Is anyone else having a problem logging caches?

The new system is dreadful.

If it aint broke dont fix it??????

In this thread, in the appropriate forum:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=344125

Or perhaps feedback would be an idea in the Release Notes thread:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=344084

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

I have just logged 26 caches without incident. I didn't really notice much difference tbh.

However, I have tried to post a NA on a worthy contender but can't seem to see how to do it. At least, I 'thought' I had posted a NA but it isn't showing up on the page. Does anyone know where I'm going wrong please?

I have just logged 26 caches without incident. I didn't really notice much difference tbh.

However, I have tried to post a NA on a worthy contender but can't seem to see how to do it. At least, I 'thought' I had posted a NA but it isn't showing up on the page. Does anyone know where I'm going wrong please?

I've had the same problem, you select the "Needs Archiving" option but nothing changes, the best I could do was leave a note.

However, there is an option to "opt out" which takes you back to the tried and tested logging page that works :).

I've done a search of the forums and can't find the answer there :(

I don't usually log the caches until I get home usually a day or more after. On the old system when you log your 1st cache it remembers the day you have log on and when you log your 2nd cache it comes up with this date. On the new system you have to keep changing the date. Very frustrating we have gone back to the old system of logging.

I don't usually log the caches until I get home usually a day or more after. On the old system when you log your 1st cache it remembers the day you have log on and when you log your 2nd cache it comes up with this date. On the new system you have to keep changing the date. Very frustrating we have gone back to the old system of logging.

Yes, changing the date is a major problem. At first glance it doesn't even look like you have an option to change the date at all.

I've had the same problem, you select the "Needs Archiving" option but nothing changes, the best I could do was leave a note.

However, there is an option to "opt out" which takes you back to the tried and tested logging page that works :).

Thanks John, that has worked.

I'm guessing TPTB must've known there would be problems, given the fact that we can 'opt out' of the fancy new logging system!

Thanks John, that has worked.

I'm guessing TPTB must've known there would be problems, given the fact that we can 'opt out' of the fancy new logging system!

Unfortunately, there's no way to 'opt out' when logging via Field Notes (Drafts). :(

There is plenty of feedback about the new logging experience in the Release Notes thread.

Yes, changing the date is a major problem. At first glance it doesn't even look like you have an option to change the date at all.

It still does it the old way for me, once I've changed it on the first log it keeps that date till I change it again, like it always did.