Questions re: Hiking Stick Medallion and also Bulk Purchases of Trackable Numbers

BsrlinMAZ

Clarification: My stats will show I started Geocaching in 2012, but it was for less than 2 months...now approx. 5-years later I am back, but I am still very uneducated in all things re: Geocaching -- so my questions:

I purchased a trackable Hiking Stick Medallion, which arrived in today's mail...can I log my Hiking Stick Medallion as having visited Caches I find, such as I see being done when trackables are "dipped" at Caches, if I take my Hiking Stick with me while searching for Caches?

The min. order for bulk ordering tracking numbers is 50 -- if several people ordered a set of 50, would the numbers all be linked to the account of the one placing the order, or can the numbers be divided up amongst the group and each number would be linked to the account of the person who"activates" it...so for example if a group of five individuals pooled their money to get 50 numbers and then the numbers were handed out 10 to each of the five in the group, would each member of the group be able to activate their ten numbers and have them linked exclusively to their account? (hope that makes sense).

Thank you for your time and assistance.

After you activate your Hiking Stick Medallion, it will appear in your inventory below the area you enter your log when logging the cache - select the option 'visited' beside it when logging a cache. I don't know how to do it with phone apps, as I never log with phones (unless desperate!)....

I don't know for sure, but would be 99.9% confident that the tracking number becomes the property of whoever activates it..... as bulk tracking numbers are really designed to on-sell to people.....

The min. order for bulk ordering tracking numbers is 50 -- if several people ordered a set of 50, would the numbers all be linked to the account of the one placing the order, or can the numbers be divided up amongst the group and each number would be linked to the account of the person who"activates" it...so for example if a group of five individuals pooled their money to get 50 numbers and then the numbers were handed out 10 to each of the five in the group, would each member of the group be able to activate their ten numbers and have them linked exclusively to their account? (hope that makes sense).

Sets of tracking numbers are for Geocoins. That is, you must submit a coin design (or whatever the item will be, it could be a hiking stick, not necessarily a round metal "coin") that you will inscribe the tracking numbers on, and get the design approved in advance. That's for one specific design, which you will make 50 of. The 50 tracking numbers have special limitations on their use:

https://www.geocaching.com/account/orders/new

If you will make 50 of a very inexpensive "tag" or "coin" to inscribe the numbers on, submit the design and you're golden.

You may choose instead to buy a bunch of "The Travel Bug" dogtags, or the least expensive clearance coins or tags you can find, and use the numbers from those trackables, or attach the coins or tags to whatever you like.

Edited by kunarion