How do you find the version number?

hofy67

Interesting, it should be showing the version number in the bottom left there. I'll look into that.

You can also see the version number in the App Info screen, which can usually be reached on your phone via something like Settings->Apps->Geocaching

In my copy of the app, the version is in extremely light gray font on a white background. If you look at the screenshot posted by hofy67 carefully, there are a few not-quite-white pixels at the bottom, where the version should be. Maybe the font isn't just nearly illegible for hofy67. Maybe the font is nearly invisible (and completely illegible) for hofy67.
Screenshot_2017-04-27-21-06-10.png

That's it! Looks like you can set your display to pretty much make the “version” info vanish.

The "Version" is set in an impossibly light gray, called “Groundspeak Dim”. Since the universal web standard has a priority of readability over artistic flair, yet to be the company on the cutting edge of un-readability, it is Geocaching.com's type style of choice and used at random in the App and extensively on the site. It was sold to TPTB by traveling minstrels for a large chest of gold, as text that “only the most intelligent can see”.

Edited by kunarion

Interesting, it should be showing the version number in the bottom left there. I'll look into that.

You can also see the version number in the App Info screen, which can usually be reached on your phone via something like Settings->Apps->Geocaching

Using the Settings->Apps->Geocaching I am able to see what version is installed.

the screen captures that the others have shown I can faintly make out that there is something there but since it is almost white on white I can not make it out. Why is it hidden?