New Category Idea: Exotic Coordinates

Hello all! I am working closely with the creator of this category and I want to get the community's thoughts before moving forward. Take a look at a new proposed category called, "Exotic Coordinates". We have several coordinate driven waymark categories and I think it'd be cool to see some creativity with this one. Let me know what you think and how the write up looks. Ask any questions you may have, right here in the forums. Thanks!

http://www.Waymarking.com/cat/details.aspx?f=1&guid=de4a2d3d-f823-4912-be47-4cd4ae817533&gid=6&exp=True

As a member of that new group, I am naturally pro that new coordinate waymark. It fills the gap that exists with other relevant games. It is o.k. that the description is written for instance North or East exotic coordinates.. I hope, any waymarker who will create a new title, will be carefully with nature and other relevant existing facts when his "Super ecotic coordinate" suddenly is coresponding with a traffic trak or any other hurdles like "private property" dry.gif

What do you think, dear Waymarker ?

Greetings as well

*SportBaer*

It is not even a year ago, that a very similar category was denied in peer review. I have no reason to think it would be different this time.

It's true, there are already some other coordinate related categories. But this does not mean we need more of them. A good category has something interesting and physically real to take a picture. A location to take an interesting screen shot of your GPS device does not make the location itself interesting. It would become a try-once category for icon hunters. We don't need that.

It is not even a year ago, that a very similar category was denied in peer review. I have no reason to think it would be different this time.

It's true, there are already some other coordinate related categories. But this does not mean we need more of them. A good category has something interesting and physically real to take a picture. A location to take an interesting screen shot of your GPS device does not make the location itself interesting. It would become a try-once category for icon hunters. We don't need that.

100% agreed. The chance to find exotic coordinates where something photo-worthy can be found are very slim.

I read the proposed category description and I cannot make sense of this sentence:

Here, the last digit (second) of the un-exotic coordinate (DD MM.SSS) can be altered to include a near infant amount of waymarks.

Questions / observations:

1. What is "DD MM.SSS" coordinate format? I don't think there's any such thing.
  2. What do you have against babies?
  3. The criteria for whether something is "exotic" seem rather subjective.

Yes, it's a silly proposal. Much as I like playing with numbers I wouldn't vote in favour of the category.

"because (theoretically) an infinite amount of waymarks can be submitted at ever[y] coordinate second"

Given that we are limited to a finite number of digits that can be input, the number of waymarks that can be created is

FINITE, definitely NOT infinite.

Keith