Major iPhone app crash

Pomwoof

The geocaching app on my iPhone crashed today. When I try starting it the startup picture appears and then everything returns to my phone's homescreen. I tried restarting my phone but that didn't help. When I check itunes it doesn't even show up on the list of apps on my phone. Is there anyway of recovering waypoints I've stored for multicaches that I've been working on? I'm assuming that I'm going to have to reinstall the app from scratch and probably loose everything I've saved.

Is there anyway of recovering waypoints I've stored for multicaches that I've been working on? I'm assuming that I'm going to have to reinstall the app from scratch and probably loose everything I've saved.

It's my understanding that the new app saves these waypoints on the Groundspeak servers, so reinstalling the app shouldn't lose anything. You will likely have to re-download any lists/PQs that you had saved offline, though.

Is there anyway of recovering waypoints I've stored for multicaches that I've been working on? I'm assuming that I'm going to have to reinstall the app from scratch and probably loose everything I've saved.

It's my understanding that the new app saves these waypoints on the Groundspeak servers, so reinstalling the app shouldn't lose anything. You will likely have to re-download any lists/PQs that you had saved offline, though.

I reinstalled and all the waypoints are now gone :(

That's very strange. I just tested it on mine by adding a waypoint to a Multi, deleting the app, and then installing it again. The waypoint was still available, so I don't know why they wouldn't be for you.

You could try contacting support to see if they can recover the lost waypoints. After all, it appears to be a failing of their app, so they should help you recover.

That's very strange. I just tested it on mine by adding a waypoint to a Multi, deleting the app, and then installing it again. The waypoint was still available, so I don't know why they wouldn't be for you.

You could try contacting support to see if they can recover the lost waypoints. After all, it appears to be a failing of their app, so they should help you recover.

Were you connected to wifi or cell data at the time? I tend to use offline data when I can since I don't have an unlimited data plan and this app can be a data hog.