Mapping my own find or hides?

Y? O!

Hi geocaching friends.

What I (and others) have looked for is a way to map all my own finds or hides. Is there a way?

I find all the statistics within geocaching as something that makes it even more interesting, and I am surprised that this feature does not seem to be present. I should be an easy feature to make, but I have not found any way of doing. I could make a list and MAP it, but I do not even know how to make lists with such a selection, and the length limit does not allow me to list all my finds.

Is there a (preferably) easy way to do this?

Martin

What I (and others) have looked for is a way to map all my own finds or hides. Is there a way?

I find all the statistics within geocaching as something that makes it even more interesting, and I am surprised that this feature does not seem to be present. I should be an easy feature to make, but I have not found any way of doing. I could make a list and MAP it, but I do not even know how to make lists with such a selection, and the length limit does not allow me to list all my finds.

Is there a (preferably) easy way to do this?

The easiest way is probably using 3rd party software.

Your finds can be downloaded from the PQ page (myFinds PQ), there's no limit on the amount of caches in the myfinds PQ as there is on other PQs (1000). You could then import them in Google Earth or use software like GSAK (windows) and go from there. As for your owned caches, create a PQ and select "that I own". If you have less than 1000 it should only take 1 PQ.

For Hides, go to Search, add filters, ask for "hidden by" - Y? O!

You can do some additional filtering on this. Asking for active, removing hosted events, for example.

On the results page, in the upper right corner Map These Geocaches; link is for map of Y? O! owned caches.

For Finds, run a MyFinds query, and use 3rd party software.

Edited by Isonzo Karst

It will be a pain with how many finds you have but this is what I did at about 500 finds. I bought a TB and made it our shadow. I then had it visit all of our finds. Then after that I have it visit every find we make. I am sure I have messed it up a bit by having it possibly visit some notes we have made and maybe forgot to log it as visited from time to time but should be fairly accurate and I think it was accurate for a while. It gives you a cool map with lines between finds. With it at the right zoom with how much I travel around finding caches in different areas I have pretty much filled in the bay with straight lines between caches.

53083d7c-113b-409e-bd7f-b28e4ee902bb.jpg

857797a9-76bc-493d-97f3-d206dd1b4939.jpg

3b102628-4bdf-44be-9dc6-969022a6cee4.jpg

It will be a pain with how many finds you have but this is what I did at about 500 finds. I bought a TB and made it our shadow. I then had it visit all of our finds. Then after that I have it visit every find we make. I am sure I have messed it up a bit by having it possibly visit some notes we have made and maybe forgot to log it as visited from time to time but should be fairly accurate and I think it was accurate for a while. It gives you a cool map with lines between finds. With it at the right zoom with how much I travel around finding caches in different areas I have pretty much filled in the bay with straight lines between caches.

53083d7c-113b-409e-bd7f-b28e4ee902bb.jpg

857797a9-76bc-493d-97f3-d206dd1b4939.jpg

3b102628-4bdf-44be-9dc6-969022a6cee4.jpg

Perfect. I did this after a long road trip around the country. My TB still visits every cache I do and adds to my map.

Garmin has/had two free mapping programs: MapSource and BaseCamp which accept .gpx files and downloads from Garmin GPSr. I typically downlaod both the caches I searched for and the tracks I made while hunting them. If you use GSAK there is an option to export databases to a variety of mapping formats.