GPSMAP 64st

My new GPSMAP 64st is so different from my old GPSMAP 60CS that I can't quite figure out how to get the 64st to give me the data that I'm used to. For instance:

How do I get all caches to show up on the map? I can't plan a route if I don't know where I'm going to be looking. It only shows the one I'm "find"ing.

How can I turn off the topo map & just use the street map?

How do I download the logs into geocaching.com?

Is there a how-to manual for the 64st that gives me such info? The garmin website "manual" is not a "how-to manual" for geocaching.

Thank you.

Edited by HelBob Duo

hi look like you may turn on show found only

1 click find button

2 find on menu Geocaches the enter button

3 shows list of caches

4 click menu button

5 if apply fitter is on the list click on it

6 also check choose filter to see what it set to and make change here

hope this help

My new GPSMAP 64st is so different from my old GPSMAP 60CS that I can't quite figure out how to get the 64st to give me the data that I'm used to. For instance:

How do I get all caches to show up on the map? I can't plan a route if I don't know where I'm going to be looking. It only shows the one I'm "find"ing.

The default zoom setting on the 64 series requires zooming in really really close before geocaches show up on the map. To change this, press the menu button while you're on the map screen. Use Set up Map option and find the zoom options. Change the zoom option for geocaches to Auto or a much higher setting, like 10 miles. Auto works fine for me.

How can I turn off the topo map & just use the street map?

See the steps above to get to Set up Map. Turn on/off the maps that you want to use.

How do I download the logs into geocaching.com?

With the 64st connected via USB cable, go to your profile on geocaching.com. Scroll down until you see "Access your Drafts" in the right hand menu. It will take you to another page that allows you to upload the field notes from the 64st to the web site and you change them from Field Notes to Logs that way.