SP Takes it to Extremes Again - June 2017

I've been holding a series of 'Remote' events since 2007's memorable trip into the wild wild west and the North Atlantic to visit St Kilda. Since then I've held events at the UK's most southerly point (St Agnes, IoS, 2008), most northerly (Unst, Shetland, 2009), Britian's most southerly (two meets off Jersey's south coast in 2010), and the top of Eigg (2011), plus England's most westerly (Bryher, IoS, 2012), an abandoned event (due to pregnancy!) at the InPinn, Skye in 2013, another tidal island off Jersey in 2014, Ben More on Mull (the only island Munro not on Skye, 2015) and White Island (IoS's most northern spot) in 2016.

Heading back to Scotland for 2017's summer adventures, I'm inviting cachers to join me at Mainland Britian's most northerly point - Dunnet Head - (which I last visited in 2009. An Earthcache has popped-up since!) on June 10th got a WWFM XIV meet: WWFM Britain's 11th Most Remote Event -Dunnet Head

In addition, in 2013 I held Meet at the End (Mainland Britain's most Westerly) at Ardnamurchan Point, which sticks out further than Land's End. However! Since Skye got a fixed link - the bridge - some people now regard it as part of the mainland, and it sticks out further than Ardnamurchan. So, I have to visit the stunning Neist Point on Skye for Wester is Bester on June 17th.

Other events to be announced. Please keep an eye on this thread, or on the Remote Geo Events group on FB, if that's your bag B)

The first addition to the above has been published.

June 7th, 9pm for the sunset in one of Britain's most remote buildings: Morar is Less (easy to reach- remote Oban Bothy!) - A challenging kayak paddle or tough 9 mile walk from parking (and 9 miles back!), this one is for the tough/brave/crazy sort of cacher who laughs in the face of discomfort and midges.

Bring a head net.

Thanks Yorkshire Yellow. In 2011 I held a CITO on top of Ben Nevis with the co-ords (which I visited) right on top of the shelter up there, to ensure it beat my 2009 meet, which was at the trig-point, so I think I have Highest covered. Love the idea of the lowest too, and have tried to organise meets in deep mines and caves (Cathedral Cavern in 2015) in the past, but like your idea better. Thank you!

Thanks too for inspiring England's Most Northerly Cache Meet! (June 19th 2017) with your Pub Quiz question - which my guess got right :D

Simply Paul, glad you liked my idea and thanks for crediting me on the listing page for England's most northerly cache meet.

I've been to Cathedral Cavern - what a great place - and found the cache in there.

I wish I could join you for one of your events.

When you've run out of meet locations on a 'most' basis, you might want to try some tidal islands.

Credit where credit's due.

I was shocked by the turnout for the Cavern meet. I arrived thinking "Why are all these people here? Are the cachers behind them?" Genuinely thrilled with the numbers. And yet, I've still not seen the goldfish in the pond!

Lots more events planned - Winter Geolympix 2018, Megalympix 2020? - so I hope our paths cross too.

I like the tidal list. I've visited several and even held a CITO on Piel back in 2013. I'm looking at Chapel Island for June, as I missed the walk to it back in 2012.