Looking for some nice Oregon caches

Team Gootz

Okay, I know I can do the search, but not knowing the area very well, I thought I'd come to the experts!

We're going to be in the Portland area Sept. 28-Oct 6 & want to do a few caches while we're there. The closest caches to my brother's house seem to be multis & puzzles. This is what I'm looking for... One fairly challenging cache that may or may not be friendly to strollers (I may be able to borrow a baby backpack), maybe in or near some nice mountains/hills. We don't mind a bit of a drive, but with a couple o' yungins' we can't walk long trails. Ratings of 1/2 or 3 would be good.

I'm also looking for a couple 1/1 or 2 rated caches in the Eugene area. Part of our trip includes a wedding in Eugene. I'm hoping we'll have some free time the morning of the wedding to sneak in a cache!

Thanks y'all!

Mother Gootz

Where in the nursery rhyme does it say Humpty Dumpty is an egg?

My family lives in Tigard, SW of the city. However, we're staying at Residence Inn Riverwalk. We've hiked Triple Falls, B.C. (before children) & that's probably slightly more strenuous than we'd like this time around. We are also avid wine enthusiasts, so anywhere in the Willamette valley would be great & we can combine our obsessions!

If you have never been to Portland and you have a week, your trip won't be complete without spending a day driving up the Columbia Gorge to Hood River. There are lots of caches on both sides of the river to hunt and enjoy the wonderful scenery. Try the links below for caches close to these towns:

Cascade Locks

Hood River

I just did a cache and wine run the other week and there are a few caches near the wine country of the north Willamette Valley. Try this link.

Here is a link to wineries in the North Willamete Valley. North Willamette Valley Wineries

Did I mention the Oregon Coast?

Enjoy your trip!

19973_600.gifThe adventures of Navdog, Justdog, and Otterpup

Thanks everyone for some great tips! We love trips along the river as well as along the wine tour. If time permits, maybe we can crash a Wed. night event too! We'll be dropping a couple of travel bugs (high commodity item around here!) I can't wait for our vacation now!

Thanks again fellow cachers!

MG