Car magnets-not seeing "finds"

ithmy

I'm somewhat new to Geocaching and recently added a magnetic trackable to my car (2/17/17) but have not been notified of any "finds" as of yet. I was at a CITO event yesterday and multiple cachers took the info but I do not see that it has been logged yet although many other car trackable have postings from yesterdays event. I'm not sure if I listed it incorrectly? I would think that I would have received a warning if I did try to do something incorrect when activating the sticker. Has anyone else had an issue?

I'm somewhat new to Geocaching and recently added a magnetic trackable to my car (2/17/17) but have not been notified of any "finds" as of yet. I was at a CITO event yesterday and multiple cachers took the info but I do not see that it has been logged yet although many other car trackable have postings from yesterdays event. I'm not sure if I listed it incorrectly? I would think that I would have received a warning if I did try to do something incorrect when activating the sticker. Has anyone else had an issue?

It's probably fine. Although I haven't tried to log your car TB, these things do get occasional logs. Go ahead and log a Visit to the CITO Event, and then you can ensure that logs work. Cachers take their own sweet time logging TBs. This could require patience.

Are there confusing digits in the tracking number? "O" or a "0", for example? Some people write them down wrong, and if so, it's tough for the finder to know whose TB it was. You didn't even log it into the Event. B)

Cachers wont log "Found" it will be a "Discovered" log, and the 'system' wont notify you of a "Discovered" log. (Only "Retrieved" "Dropped" and "Grabbed" logs.)

Could be those that did Discover it (if any did...) may not have logged things yet.

Most cachers here, if they notice a "new" trackable in a parking lot (seeing the same for maybe years...), take a pic of it with their phone.

Eventually, after logging, or a cache run afterwards, it'll dawn on them that they have some pics too.

You don't have it as collectible.

Don't be surprised if someone decides it'd be fun to place it in a cache. :D

Today's Easter.

Logging caches, events, trackables, and such just might take a back-seat to family gatherings.

Like others said, a little patience. :)

I have a car TB (TB4KPRH) and to my knowledge it has only been discovered once. However many cachers have seen it at events and probably recorded its number. I log it as having visited roadside caches or ones close to the road and it has logged nearly 6500 km.

Mine is "In the hands of the owner" to prevent that :)

That doesn't "prevent" someone from grabbing it from you.

- Only making it collectible does that.

I just clicked on your trackable and the options were :

Grab it from current Owner: and 1969

Write Note

Dicovered it

"In the hands of the Owner" simply means you have it now. ;)

If the plan is to prevent bad logs (and good luck with that plan, by the way :P), the owner must take the additional step of placing the TB into the Collection. Marking it "Collectible" alone causes new issues from click-happy finders.

Edited by kunarion

Mine is "In the hands of the owner" to prevent that :)

That doesn't "prevent" someone from grabbing it from you.

- Only making it collectible does that.

I just clicked on your trackable and the options were :

Grab it from current Owner: and 1969

Write Note

Dicovered it

"In the hands of the Owner" simply means you have it now. ;)

If it is "collectible" is it still available for logging as having visited caches?

If it is "collectible" is it still available for logging as having visited caches?

"Collectible" and "Collection" are suitable to manage a large coin collection you own (for example). It is not a good idea to use this as a way to thwart improper logs. The way to do that is by telling the perpetrator to cut it out, and maybe getting help from TPTB if the problems continue. You have the right to keep your owned TBs open to logs the way you like (not to mention, they remain your property), and others have no right to mess with you. One day Groundspeak will understand this. :ph34r:

And, no you can't do "Visit" logs of a Trackable that is not in your Inventory. You place it into a Collection for the express purpose of removing it from your Inventory.

Edited by kunarion
Not sure why some think that's not proper, when the option is in the guidelines for "Discover only" logging (as most vehicle tags are...).

It is "proper", assuming it is not merely "marked Collectible" but placed into a Collection, at which point it doesn't even have to be marked "Collectible", it just must be in a Collection for the log restrictions to happen. But remember that it doesn't stop a determined prankster. It makes them try harder. :ph34r:

Edited by kunarion

Cachers wont log "Found" it will be a "Discovered" log, and the 'system' wont notify you of a "Discovered" log. (Only "Retrieved" "Dropped" and "Grabbed" logs.)

Could be those that did Discover it (if any did...) may not have logged things yet.

That isn't true. You do get emails for "Discovered" logs on your trackables

I received an e-mail that the Dolphinmobile was discovered at the CITO event yesterday. And I discovered two other vehicles.

Sometimes people take a while to log TBs they've found or they don't "discover" them. I'm sure you'll get an email sometime!