Trip Geocaching

stekarlong

There used to be an option to map a trip to show geocaches along the way within so many miles of the road? Is this still an option? I don't know if the website has just changed and it is in a new place? Or if geocaching has discontinued this option? We are traveling from Billings, MT to Seattle and would like to cache along the way. Anyone know of some great "don't miss" caches? We have made this trip a bunch of times. visited Groundspeak, but wonder if we missed something? Thanks everyone!

Careful with using Caching Along A Route. Routes can only be 500 miles long (last time I did one). And if you exceed that distance and you shorten your route, there is (or was) a bug that never told you what the new distance is after you shortened it. The "greater than 500 miles" message gets stuck.

Anyone know of some great "don't miss" caches? We have made this trip a bunch of times. visited Groundspeak, but wonder if we missed something? Thanks everyone!

I've made that trip once, going eastbound. I highly recommend stopping off on the east side of where I-90 crosses the Columbia River, so that you can hike up a hill to admire the view, below, from I-90, Wild Stallions Ride Again. That made my list of all-time greatest caches. There is a scenic overlook on the westbound side of the highway, too, that has both a traditional and an earthcache.

fb246239-bbc6-47b1-9a89-a33cc74092f3.jpg