Move all caches from "old" watchlist to "new" watchlist

stantastic

This may have been asked and answered, and I tried doing a search, but (well, you know how that goes!)...

Is there a way to move ALL caches on my "old" watchlist page (in the old format) to a NEW watchlist on the "new" watchlist page with a couple of clicks? Or do I have to go to EACH cache's webpage and click on the "Add to Watchlist" link on the top right to move them over one at a time? For a large number of caches, that's a PITA :mad:

Any solutions or insights appreciated -- thnx...

Similar for me, as we always knew Lists were Quick View top left on our profile.

Habit.

Found a beta in it's place that didn't cover all.

That could probably be removed now, as it is just as easy to go to Lists on the middle right, making that "beta" redundant. :)

Edited to add... Maybe it needs to stay for public profile?

- And I couldn't spot my bookmarks on the right either.

Edited by cerberus1

Yeah, I understand that -- I see "My Lists" and "Watchlists" on the right on my profile page.

I'm an old-timer, and the only thing that existed "back then" was a single list called "Your Watchlist" -- click on the top right "Watch" link and it was added to "Your Watchlist" and bam, you're done. There was no way to organize those caches into different categories, it was/is just one big list. And, YES, I still have that.

But, what's there now is not only "Watch" but "Add to list" -- which adds the cache to a "new" list (now on the new "My Lists" page). And yes, I see that/have that as well -- although I don't have any caches in any list on THAT page that I've created (YET!).

I guess by adding the "My List" page they now allow you to organize caches that your are watching, or want to group and download, or WHATEVER, into multiple lists -- and you can "watch" any cache on that list just like in the old days.

The purpose is almost the same, I guess -- BUT -- what I was asking is: is there a way to get ALL of the caches from my old "Your Watchlist" page and move them over to a "new" watchlist in the "My Lists" page without moving them one at a time.

Or, maybe there's just no need to do that at all anyway (depends on your personal needs, I suppose).

Groundspeak changes software so willy-nilly sometimes -- at the top of the old "List Management" page it says "A new version of this page is now available. Try the new page" And at the top of the new page it says "Welcome to the new Lists page. If you don't like it, you can go back to the old page. Let us know what you think." It kinda makes me think that "eventually" they will toss out the old "Watchlist" page and just keep the new "My Lists" page, where all the caches you are watching are in one list or another that exist in THAT location. I was thinking of MOVING all my watched caches over there to a new list (called "Watchlist") -- but I can't see a way to do it in bulk.

Is that sorta clear? Newbies don't need to worry about it as much since they're starting out with whatever they have NOW -- but us oldies had other options back then (albeit LESS than exist now).

I guess by adding the "My List" page they now allow you to organize caches that your are watching, or want to group and download, or WHATEVER, into multiple lists -- and you can "watch" any cache on that list just like in the old days.

"My Lists" are Bookmark Lists that can be 'watched', meaning that you can request to receive notifications whenever any cache in that list is logged. However, you cannot select which caches trigger a notification. If you have 50 caches in a Bookmark List and you only want notifications if the first 5 are logged, then that cannot be specified.

The purpose is almost the same, I guess -- BUT -- what I was asking is: is there a way to get ALL of the caches from my old "Your Watchlist" page and move them over to a "new" watchlist in the "My Lists" page without moving them one at a time.

There is not a way to 'move' caches from one list to another. I would love to see a copy/move option for managing lists.

Or, maybe there's just no need to do that at all anyway (depends on your personal needs, I suppose).

Purely out of curiosity - Why would you need to move caches from your "Watchlist" to a Bookmark List? The only reason I can think of is to more easily add/remove caches to/from the list via the Geocaching app.

It kinda makes me think that "eventually" they will toss out the old "Watchlist" page and just keep the new "My Lists" page, where all the caches you are watching are in one list or another that exist in THAT location. I was thinking of MOVING all my watched caches over there to a new list (called "Watchlist") -- but I can't see a way to do it in bulk.

If they were to do this, then I'd hope they would just convert everyone's "Watchlist" to a Bookmark List and have the Watchlist be one of the listed lists. They would certainly expect an uproar if they got rid of "Watchlists" without converting cachers' lists for them.

Thanks, noncentric -- I think you answered my question.

Seems like it's come down to semantics, definition, and interpretation -- a "Watchlist" on "Your Watchlist" page versus a "Bookmark" list in a "My Lists" page. Basically, they're all just LISTS of caches (but with subtle differences as to how they are treated).

I don't really NEED to move caches from my "Watchlist" to a Bookmark list (again, unless there's a need to separate them out into categories), and assuming, as you stated, that IF they dispose of the so-called "Watchlist" that they automatically move them over as a Bookmark list.

Okay, I'm good (for now)...

Watchlist is  a list of caches and trackables that you've elected to Watch. This feature is available to Basic and Premium Members. Once added to a your watchlist, you receive the logs on those caches or trackables as email (except for Discover logs on trackables, which I don't believe are sent).    There's no download option from a Watchlist page.  A cache page shows a count of number of watchers. Who is watching is not revealed.  I cannot see your Watchlist.

Bookmark list is a list of caches  (not trackables) that you create. You can create up to 100 different bookmark lists,  limit of caches per list is 1000.

A bookmark list can be downloaded (gpx files) as a pocket query, or loaded to a smartphone. 

The list itself can be set by the owner to be:

private, only you can see it 

shared, IF I send you the URL, you can see and download it - this can be handy for going caching with someone else, a shared list of caches that neither of us has found.

public, it shows up on the pages of the caches which are on the bookmark 

I can see your PUBLIC bookmark lists on your profile.

There are two site created bookmark lists:

Favorites  - any cache that you've given a favorite point, does show on your profile but NOT downloadable (dang it)

Ignore - only you can see this, putting a cache on Ignore makes it disappear for you in some places on the site. I'm not clear on how the Ignore list works, I don't use it. 

There IS  a copy function for moving caches from one bookmark to another.