Oddest Coin Situation

PhilatSea

I was given 3 coins by another Geocacher to place in a local TB Hotel.

One of the coins had been dropped in a cache that we had both done, so no problem.

Now the next two coins presented a very unique problem. They had no mileage or real history other than being discovered back in 2005 (not a mistake,yes 2005). This is almost 12 years ago.

The coins were taken from a cache in June 2015 (found log shows on the cache) that was archived in June 2004. That is 13 years ago. The cacher that last had the coins won't answer emails about dropping these coins in a cache so I had to grab them from the cacher.

I suspect the cache owner archived the cache way back when to use as their personal coin chest.

I find it odd that the coins are now coming back into play with no mileage some 12 years later and a long way from their original home.

Just an interesting history of two coins I now have to move along.

One of the coins had been dropped in a cache that we had both done, so no problem.

Now the next two coins presented a very unique problem. They had no mileage or real history other than being discovered back in 2005 (not a mistake,yes 2005). This is almost 12 years ago.

The coins were taken from a cache in June 2015 (found log shows on the cache) that was archived in June 2004. That is 13 years ago. The cacher that last had the coins won't answer emails about dropping these coins in a cache so I had to grab them from the cacher.

I suspect the cache owner archived the cache way back when to use as their personal coin chest.

I find it odd that the coins are now coming back into play with no mileage some 12 years later and a long way from their original home.

I'm confused ... how did you "grab them from the cacher" without having the coins in hand, and if you do not have possession of the coins, how are YOU going to move them along ??

Seriously missing something here ....

I'm confused ... how did you "grab them from the cacher" without having the coins in hand, and if you do not have possession of the coins, how are YOU going to move them along ??

Yep. Their first sentence. :)

Is the geocacher that gave them to you talking? It strikes me that where he found them would be an obvious piece of the puzzle.

Nope. The last cacher (before the cacher I got them from) that had the coins had retrieved them over 1 year ago while active is not answering email. We tried to get them to drop the coins in the cache they were found in but that didn't happen so we had to take the coins from that cacher.

The owner of the coins is still active too and doesn't answer email either.