Zzzoey & illDRIVE-One year down...

Happy to say we spent our one year anniversary placing two caches. Waiting on approval, but felt it worthy of mention that on May 5th, 2002, we found our first hidden ammo box full of goodies, and we were hooked! 437 finds later, we are completely addicted! Thanks to all of you who have placed caches we have found, who have found caches we have placed, and to those few cachers we have met, exchanged funny stories with and enjoyed knowing, whether by email or in person!

We were trying to figure out how many actual days out of that year we were out caching. Seeing as we both work full time, I have to say that the cache binge weekends really are important to our sanity. Thanks K. Falls, The Dalles, Salem, Eugene, Portland and OF COURSE BEND for providing us with the opportunity to go cache-crazy! icon_wink.gif

WARNING: I cannot be responsible for the above, as apparently my cats have learned how to type.

quote:
Originally posted by Zzzoey:

Thanks to all of you who have placed caches we have found, who have found caches we have placed, and to those few cachers we have met, exchanged funny stories with and enjoyed knowing, whether by email or in person!

I think the number of finds, hides and travel bugs you have racked up in a year, especially considering the full-time jobs, qualifies you for Geocacher's Anonymous! If you weren't so shy there might be more support offered by other geocachers (we've seen you twice at trailheads before you ducked away). icon_wink.gif

Having done roughly 10 of your caches and read many of your logs, I'd say your enthusiasm and creativity are something special. Thanks!

Hats off to Zzzoey & illDRIVE! I knew em when they were just newbies.....

I like to seek unique caches, those with a twist, those with some education. You two have certainly provided that. I'ts hard to believe that I haven't done ALL your hides and will pledge to go north in the future.

Thanks, icon_wink.gif

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there"

-George Harrison

Congrats on year one! I'll be headin' your way soon to snag some of those CO caches of yours.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not a geocacher but I play one on TV.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations on your anniversary in geocaching. Ours is coming up July 4th and hopefully we'll be able to get over to central Oregon and pick up some more of your caches by then.

Sassquatch, we'll show you how to hook up the alarms at your place if you want, really simple setup but you have to get used to them going off at all hours icon_wink.gif.

I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back, please keep me here.

Thanks for all the kind words. You guys rock! icon_biggrin.gif

River Treasure was our first find. Nature in Balance was our first hunt. We didnt have a CLUE what we were doing or how to operate the GPS (we were using DrNO's garmin and had had a few adult beverages) and we wandered around on that ridge until dark, looking here and there with no idea of what, how, why, who, places these containers in the wild and gives us coords to go find them. But it was hella FUN! I think the next day we found Steelhead Masters and the insanity began. We were out the next day, found .River Treasure and haven't stopped caching, thinking about caching, talking about caching, planning caching, ever since!

WARNING: I cannot be responsible for the above, as apparently my cats have learned how to type

Wow!!! Has it really been a year? You guys are a valuable asset to the Central Oregon caching community. Looks like your having as much fun with the new camera as you are caching. Keep up the good work!

19973_600.gif

The adventures of Navdog, Justdog, and Otterpup

quote:
Originally posted by Zzzoey:

Happy to say we spent our one year anniversary placing two caches. Waiting on approval, but felt it worthy of mention that on May 5th, 2002, we found our first hidden ammo box full of goodies, and we were hooked! 437 finds later, we are completely addicted!

Congrats! We also started the day before you! May 4, 2002.

We happened to have found our first at Rosario Beach, Deception pass State Park. We went back to make our 500th find there last weekend and finish the year with 521. We made our 1st and 500th finds .3 apart and by the same guy. Bellinghamster. Also the FLY BOY who lent us his GPS and helped us find our first was there as well. Quite a nice anniversary!

icon_geocachingwa.gif

Cachin's a bit sweeter when you've got an Isha!