No timestamps on Field Notes webpage

noncentric

Just noticed that the field note listings on the Drafts page no longer show the timestamps. Each line shows only the date. Having the timestamp was helpful to help associate photos with specific caches.

Is this a permanent change or might we see the timestamps back on this page in the future?

I rely on the timestamp quite a bit for matching photos with logs, so I'm hoping this was simply an oversight or bug. If this was an intentional change and we won't be presented with the timestamp anymore, I'll likely have to stop using the Drafts function on the website entirely and learn how to log through GSAK or some other method. I could also see the timestamp being useful in identifying logs that are out of order as a result of the upcoming "time will be adjusted based on the cache's timezone" change.

I don't quite understand why all these workflow-breaking changes are being made to the Drafts/Field notes page (see aborted "Compose log" change). I understand there are date/time changes afoot, but that shouldn't require the removal of previously-available and frequently-used functionality.

Bring back the time, Groundspeak!

I always write down the exact time I find a cache in the log I'm posting, and that time was very conveniently seen on the field notes page just before clicking the button for writing the log.

Seems a very illogical choice to remove it...

Thank you everyone for your feedback. We do have plans to display the timestamp on the Drafts page once we are farther along with the time zone improvements in the next few weeks. Stay tuned to upcoming release notes, thanks!

Thanks, LivingInNarnia! I'm sure the time zone issue is more complex than it might initially seem, given all of the different ways one can submit field notes/drafts. Good to know that the time stamps will eventually be coming back.

Thank you everyone for your feedback. We do have plans to display the timestamp on the Drafts page once we are farther along with the time zone improvements in the next few weeks. Stay tuned to upcoming release notes, thanks!

Thanks for confirming that we'll be getting the timestamps back. Looking forward to see how things work out after the time zone updates are made.

I hope you can fix this bug, also:

I logged 4 cahces with a draft, then converted the drafts into "found it" logs, no problem.

Later in the day (6h or so later), I logged a cache directly from the field using Locus app.

This last log is now shown as the first log of the day! Very confusing :angry: :angry: