"Stalled" Travel Bug

knhdah

We have a travel bug that was making great progress, travelling around the USA, and racking up miles :) But now it's been "in the hands of a cacher since Nov 2016". I've sent them several email messages, saying I'm the owner, and requesting that they move it along. No response. And it isn't like they haven't been actively caching and logging into the geocaching website. Any suggestions on our next step?

If it's vader, those folks have a few more, including some coins too, using my least favorite logs ... that "took it to" Visit option.

If they're (supposedly) moving others while yours still sits, I'd say it's lost in a bag, car, etc., and might turn up again sometime.

- Though I feel "several emails" makes some who might have moved it along eventually, upset enough to Stall a bit longer.

We have a travel bug that was making great progress, travelling around the USA, and racking up miles :) But now it's been "in the hands of a cacher since Nov 2016". I've sent them several email messages, saying I'm the owner, and requesting that they move it along. No response. And it isn't like they haven't been actively caching and logging into the geocaching website. Any suggestions on our next step?

See my example: https://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2151831

There are several things on that page that leave no doubt that there is an issue with the TB, and that issue is on display in all Inventory lists. Is there any text at all on your TB page that suggests you even care about it anymore? If not, frankly, you are doing exactly what the taker is doing: Not posting info on the TB page.

According to the Guidelines*: IMPORTANT - Takers are required to post prompt, informative and honest Trackable logs when holding other people's property. You shall never make the Owner guess what happened, always post a log about what the status of the Trackable is. Never make them write to you to ask, let them know with a proper log. By taking a Trackable you agree to these terms, or you place it back into the cache or another suitable cache immediately. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Yeah, these are my guidelines. Groundspeak hasn't gotten on board yet. :ph34r:

Edited by kunarion

I think my record is one that's been in the same cacher's hands since January 2010. (I'm not holding my breath that he's coming back to the game, but you never know.)

I used to get huffy, but I don't anymore. I don't think it helps to get into a micturating tournament with someone about a trackable when it's pretty much easier for them to throw it in the trash than it is for them to put it in a geocache or give it to another geocacher. I now just try to ping people with a message now and again without getting emotional about it. It's worked for a few lately that stalled out for some time.

I think my record is one that's been in the same cacher's hands since January 2010. (I'm not holding my breath that he's coming back to the game, but you never know.)

I used to get huffy, but I don't anymore. I don't think it helps to get into a micturating tournament with someone about a trackable when it's pretty much easier for them to throw it in the trash than it is for them to put it in a geocache or give it to another geocacher. I now just try to ping people with a message now and again without getting emotional about it. It's worked for a few lately that stalled out for some time.

Oh. I have one that was picked up by a 'geocacher' with one find in 2006.

Another by a geocaching couple who broke up in 2012. She said I should talk to her ex. Oh, well.