Magellan eXplorist GC files help

Hello,

I appreciate any help on this matter if anyone has any ideas. Here are the order of events that led up to my mistake.

- moved to a new area and brought my GPS along (Magellan eXplorist GC)

- Added about 50 caches to it like normal, one at a time.

- Took it out for a day to test it out and it seemed to work fine. We took it home to add more.

- added about 100 more caches like normal, one at a time.

- Turned it back on after the disconnect from the computer to make sure the new caches showed up on the map.

- During boot up, I got a small white window with a black border saying something like "Corrupt file found, unable to proceed". At this point the only way to turn it off was to remove the batteries.

- several tries got the same results. Once the window came up the system pretty much locked up.

- I think its just like a computer file storage and hit the format from the windows explorer and it will get rid of the bad file and I will just reload again.

- I erased it all which included the "Operating system. The part that made me see the map, settings, caches, ect.. Now all I see is another window but this one has

"FACTORY RUN OTHER HELP X"

- The MENU button on the GPS will highlight the options and the nipple button moves through the menu choices which don't appear to do anything unless I am hooked to a computer. On the computer, the GPS is not seen by the computer unless I select the "FACTORY/Mass Storage" option which will allow the computer to see the GPS called MAGELLAN.

- Magellan support was not really any help once they saw it was out of warranty it changed to offering me a 30% discount on a new one. He directed me to the 2.15 upgrade software and said to install it and it will solve all my problems.

- The upgrade needs me to have at least 1.7 to run. I don't have any so I can't install it. I could find no place to get 1.7 or lower on their site, just the 2.15.

So, my asking help is:

Does anyone know of how to get my GPS working with the factory map (or new) and stuff it had on it when I got it new? Or did I mess it up and it is more or less junk?

Thanks again for any help,

Conanstan

Thank you for the file. However, the software does not see the GPS. I see it in my win explorer window as "MAGELLAN (D:)". But the install software is looking for my eXplorist GC and does not see it. I believe it needs to be connected to the PC via the GPS operating software and it gets the "eXplorist GC" tag. When I look at files on the GPS device, it is empty and no folders. Think of it like a newly formatted USB memory stick.

Thank you for the file. However, the software does not see the GPS. I see it in my win explorer window as "MAGELLAN (D:)". But the install software is looking for my eXplorist GC and does not see it. I believe it needs to be connected to the PC via the GPS operating software and it gets the "eXplorist GC" tag. When I look at files on the GPS device, it is empty and no folders. Think of it like a newly formatted USB memory stick.