Not all footpath types appearing in Trails map?

Hi

I've updated openstreet map to include some missing footpaths near to where I plan to lay some caches and planned to do the same for some of my other caches. Maps online updated in mins, but not your app. Gave it a week, and even deleted the app and reinstalled in case the map tiles had been cached. Still the paths aren't visible, the paths appear fine on other map apps I use. Am I missing something or are you guys missing certain path types ?

Checked a local woods and the paths there appear fine in the IOS App but are classified as 'Paths' not 'Footpaths' in openstreetmap.

App version 5.1 IOS 10.3.1

Ignore the signature below this is out of date

Edited by EvilMonkeys

Hi

I've updated openstreet map to include some missing footpaths near to where I plan to lay some caches and planned to do the same for some of my other caches. Maps online updated in mins, but not your app. Gave it a week, and even deleted the app and reinstalled in case the map tiles had been cached. Still the paths aren't visible, the paths appear fine on other map apps I use. Am I missing something or are you guys missing certain path types ?

Checked a local woods and the paths there appear fine in the IOS App but are classified as 'Paths' not 'Footpaths' in openstreetmap.

App version 5.1 IOS 10.3.1

Ignore the signature below this is out of date

The "Trails" map hasn't been updated from OSM data since about last June. We've been told they're working on making some changes to the style of the map (to add or change the way some objects are rendered) and will then get onto a regular updating schedule. That was supposed to happen sometime early this year, but hasn't happened yet. Until it does, changes to the OSM database won't be visible on the geocaching.com Trails map.

Ahhh thanks, that makes sense. I'll make the additions and wait for the map update. Im happy using the official geocaching app as it's not for my purpose, more to simplify navigation for others that might want to access my caches. Though would like to put weight behind getting this refreshed more often/live.

When I say happy with the new app there are a number of niggles, is there an official list of future features / fixes area for the new app, so I check I'm not rehashing old ground before posting. Also