Profile Statistics

TheoWilson

I am having a problem viewing all the information in my profile. I haven't found many caches yet but I noticed that other geocachers' stats in their profile is showing what counties they have found caches in and mine doesn't have that option. I've cached in more than state and have about 150 finds so I thought by now it would show me what counties I have found one in. The reason I want to see is so I can set certain goals to have a find in every county. Thanks to anyone that can help.

There are 2 sections of a public profile where statistics can be shown. If you go to this page, then you'll see there are multiple tabs on your public profile.

Profile: Shows basic info about your account at the top and then you can add your own information below the "Status" line. You can add such info by clicking on the down arrow next to your profile picture, selecting Settings, and then editing the "Bio" section. What you put into the "Bio" section will show up on the Profile tab of your public profile.

Statistics: This tab shows standard statistics. If you go to the Statistics quick link HERE, then you can make some customization to what is shown. There is a check-box to either show or not show these statistics to others when they view your public profile. If you click on 'show more', then you can specify which sections are/aren't shown.

As Touchstone mentioned, there are other sites to get statistics. If you are seeing stats (such as counties) on another cacher's Profile page, then they are likely creating those from GSAK, Project-GC, mygeocachingprofile.com, or maybe others sites. Those sites will provide html code that is then cut-and-pasted into the "Bio" section.

mygeocachingprofile.com does provide state county maps and you can choose which states and other statistics/maps you want to have in your profile. So, for example, if you only wanted some basic statistics and a few county maps, you could do that! Or you can show off the whole slew of options! The site is free, it's online, and if you email the wonderful person running the site (me :D ) I make a point of emailing everyone back promptly and can help with any questions or problems: contactus@mygeocachingprofile.com

I've never understood why Geocaching.com doesn't add a field for the county name, given that so many of us collect counties as part of the game. None of the maps show county lines, and it sometimes gets tricky guessing where the county line is in relation to the cache location.