Apostrophe

T0SHEA

Is anyone else having difficulty accessing some of the categories that use an Apostrophe?

There are approximately 30 categories that use an apostrophe. Some work, others do not.

Examples:

Applebee's Restaurants

Arby's Restaurants

Carl's Jr./Hardee's Restaurants

Children's Gardens

Children's Museums

Chili's Restaurants

Coin Operated Children's Rides

Dead Poets' Society Memorials

Denny's Restaurants

Domino's Pizza

Dunkin Donuts'

Farmers' Markets

Howard Johnson's

It's All About Tintin

Kingdom Halls of Jehovah's Witnesses

'Marry Me' Markers

McDonald's Restaurants

Nature's Balanced Rocks

Spirit of '76

TGI Friday's Restaurants

There's a Book About It

Tim Horton's Restaurants

Viquesney's Spirit of the Doughboy Statues

Wendy's Restaurants

Where's In A Name?

Woman's Clubs

'You Are Here' Maps

'Z' Welcome Signs

BTW: My last name uses an apostrophe and I experience a problem sometimes with data bases that do not accept them, so my last name is run altogether.

Edited by BK-Hunters

I'm not having issues - what browser are you using? I pretty much only play with Google Chrome and haven't had issues (knock wood).

Hi, we both use Chrome. I asked Keith to check on his computer some of the listed categories and he can not access them either.

Sometimes categories with an apostrophe don't let me open the expanded description, sometimes it works, on the same computer. It is not predictable. I have not dug deeper, but I guess it is not the browser, but which server you get the response from (like the icon problem).

I'm not having issues - what browser are you using? I pretty much only play with Google Chrome and haven't had issues (knock wood).

Hi, we both use Chrome. I asked Keith to check on his computer some of the listed categories and he can not access them either.

Hmmm... that's no bueno! Maybe time to upgrade your Windows from 3.1.1? ...or the computer from a Commodore 64? (just kidding on those!) LOL Seriously, you're probably correct about some database issue interacting with some setting in the browser causing those apostrophes not to be read correctly. We see that sometimes at my job.

I tried with IE and couldn't open it, but Firefox and Chrome worked. They have saopaulo1 as the leader and two officers: ucdvicky and scrambler390

Another phenomenon: In both Chrome and Firefox the link "hide category" doesn't work.

HTH

Edited by PISA-caching

Kingdom Halls of Jehovah's Witnesses having trouble viewing the group page and category description.

If anyone can view the group page, I would like to know how many officers they current have.

Thanks.

No problem opening the Cat (IE)

Three Officers...Sao Paolo1 is the poobah.

Cheers, Jiggs

Thanks to all of you that helped me out with the officer information. It is appreciated.

I still can not open the "additional information" or the group page. However, even with those limitations I was still able to add two new submissions to the category. Guess that is what really matters. :rolleyes: