Inconsistent anony mous proxy detection

MartyBartfast

I just discovered today that if I try and view a log entry, either by clicking the "view log" link from a gallery picture, or by clicking the view/edit log link below one of my own logs then I get the

403.6 - Forbidden

IP address of the client has been rejected.

The requested page can not be accessed via anony mous proxies.

error.

This is an example of a blocked link

While I am using my works Internet proxy connection I can access all other site components OK, including writing a log, so it seems there's some inconsistency in the way log.aspx is detecting the proxies.

Had the same issue many years ago. Was using a Blackberry with Opera browser. I had to ditch the BB.

Check your browser and/or VPN

The Opera Browser used to use a proxy to cache images and speed up browsing, which is why it used to be picked up by the proxy detection.

In my case it shouldn't be picking me up as using a proxy (I'm not), and the fact that I can write logs substantiates that. However when I go to edit a log I just wrote then it incorrectly detects a proxy, which suggests that GS are doing the proxy detection differently on the the edit link and it's that inconsistency that's more of a problem.

I now have this exact problem. Have tried with my PC & laptop, with both Firefox and Microsoft Edge, and my Android tablet with Chrome. Same result every time. I have Cox internet with the same service for many years. I don't know what a proxy is. What am I doing wrong?

Same for me.

For a couple of weeks, when I try to log a cache or a TB, I receive the following message:

403.6 - Forbidden

PC with Windows 7, same issue using IE or Chrome.

Deleting cookies didn't help.

Access to all other pages of the site is fine.

Any hint ?

I keep running into this when I view calendar appointments at work. Geocaching events include links (e.g., http://coord.info/GC773F9 ), and I can view the event details by following the links, but I can't post a "Will Attend" from work because I get:

403.6 - Forbidden

The requested page can not be accessed via anonymous proxies.