News on IGeoknife?

Does anybody know if IGeoknife will come back to life, i.e. coming back to AppStore or at least being further developed? It is more than a year since it went away, and it is such a good tool for offline geocaching with iPad. I still have it and use it daily, and it should be nice to see it back on track. Or: Is it possible to come in touch with the developer (owner)?

I would also like to know if iGeoknife will be revived. Cachly seems to be the replacement we will use as gsak files can be loaded as offline lists. Maybe someday the new "official" geocaching app will also have this capability. We have used iGeoknife for years and have loved being able to have great maps and lists of only the caches we have previewed and want to seek. I haven't refreshed my iPhone OS in awhile because the next version will remove this beloved app.

I would also like to know if iGeoknife will be revived. Cachly seems to be the replacement we will use as gsak files can be loaded as offline lists. Maybe someday the new "official" geocaching app will also have this capability. We have used iGeoknife for years and have loved being able to have great maps and lists of only the caches we have previewed and want to seek. I haven't refreshed my iPhone OS in awhile because the next version will remove this beloved app.

If the link on noncentric's post link is accurate (I thought it was just a review...) , in "about us" is a link to the cachers who created that "site".

Again, if that's correct, they may be able to give you an answer.

If you're looking for an offline iPad app and neither the official free app nor iGeoknife fit the bill, take a look at cachly (since it's already been mentioned). I bought it and downloaded it on my iPad and iPhone. Works great. I also bought a bad elf gps and Bluetooth the location to my wifi only gps. The setup works great.

Also note - when I was I also looking for an iPad app, I looked into iGeoknife and from what I read, the developers aren't developing any longer. So - even if you buy it, you may no longer get fixes etc... there's a FB group for cachly ant the developers are on it - much more responsive than the iGeoknife folks...

Pm me if you have any questions.

I it looks like igeoknife is almost at the end of its life for me.  I’ve kept using it all these years because the map it uses is great, the icons don’t overtake the screen, it easily handled any gask database, whether you loaded it thru iTunes or just sent a Gpx file to it.  It’s probably IOS 11 that’s done it in, but now when I import a Gpx file through a text, or email, or airdrop or Dropbox, it allows the import to happen, but when I have the overlay window open where I can tap to say ok or cancel to put it into the database file, nothing happens.  It won’t allow me to select either one.  The screen just dies and I have to completely swipe the App closed to get off that page.  Also you can no longer delete databases. The window overlay screen just freezes up also when you tap ok to confirm the delete.

it worked last week on IOS11, but this week it stopped.  Yes, I know I can move to Cachly, but I really did like this App.

One small thread of hope is that it will still load databases from GSAK through iTunes.  There is a igeoknife macro built to help convert the database file.

If anyone has any ideas out there that can help me fix this, I’d Love to hear your input.

14 minutes ago, debrajean said:

Well, my problem has gone away.  Tonight on my iPad I cleared out all the Apps, closed all the Safari windows and tried opening the same file and it worked.  I have to say that I did have several Apps open.  Life goes on and i’m A happy geocacher again.

However it still doesn’t work on my iPhone even though I cleared it out the same way.

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:11 PM, debrajean said:

However it still doesn’t work on my iPhone even though I cleared it out the same way.

Last year, my old iPhone 5s that had been running iGeoknife developed power issues, so I got a new iPhone 7. When I restored my configuration from iTunes to the new phone, it told me iGeoknife wasn't compatible and it refused to re-load the app. If I search in the App Store, I can't find iGeoknife anymore. Even if you're still able to get it to run on some devices, I wouldn't expect it to keep running for much longer.

• Upvote 1

The link to the website (see noncentric's post) for iGeoKnife is incorrect.  It is merely a review of the app on my website.  It was an honest mistake since Google places my review on the top of the results page when searching for it.  The app has been removed from the app store.