Waiting since 25 November 2016

Hello,

I am waiting since 25 November 2016 for the release or processing of my submitted Waymark WMTH7D in the category "Pyramids"!

My link

Already my first Waymark entered in this category lasted much longer than usual. At the end of January 2017, I had once again written two of the three officers and shortly afterwards even Waywizard. But to this day, after more than four months, nothing has ever happened. This is very frustrating.

Does anyone have any advice, except to wait and turn thumbs.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, I can not say whether there is a voting to this Waymark, or whether nobody has seen this Waymark.

The message mentioned by BK-Hunters does mean that there IS a vote in progress. The question is only, if this vote status is recent or old.

There is a bug in the vote process. The original idea was that a vote lasts three days. When the result is known earlier (i.e. more than 50% of all officers voted the same) then the vote is over. This works. But the three day limit is never triggered, except when an officer visits the main group page in question. As far as I know not even Waywizard has the power to help you in this situation.

There are only two possibilities:

1: Make one of the three officers of that group visit the group page (the details tab of the group, the category page and all other tabs of the group page do not work).

2: Cancel your submission and re-submit. This is faster, but you will never know the reason for the vote and the results.

Unfortunately, I can not say whether there is a voting to this Waymark, or whether nobody has seen this Waymark.

The link to your submission states it is in vote. It is in red at the top of your waymark.

We are not officers of the Pyramid group, so can not determine if this is a new vote or just unresolved since November.

Once a submission is in vote, there is nothing you can do until it is either approved or declined.

Unfortunately, this does happen. If it is in vote since November, then it should have already been completed. I would contact the leader and request that the vote be resolved. If this is a new development, then it usually takes about 3 days.

Someone has looked at your submission, and put it to vote.

I am uncertain if Waywizard can release the vote on this submission. Perhaps if you contact him again and ask for his assistance about this vote he can clarify whether he can release a vote or not.

The message mentioned by BK-Hunters does mean that there IS a vote in progress. The question is only, if this vote status is recent or old.

There is a bug in the vote process. The original idea was that a vote lasts three days. When the result is known earlier (i.e. more than 50% of all officers voted the same) then the vote is over. This works. But the three day limit is never triggered, except when an officer visits the main group page in question. As far as I know not even Waywizard has the power to help you in this situation.

1: Make one of the three officers of that group visit the group page (the details tab of the group, the category page and all other tabs of the group page do not work).

2: Cancel your submission and re-submit. This is faster, but you will never know the reason for the vote and the results.

Hi fi67, as far as I am aware once a submission is in vote you can not edit or cancel it. I have tried on numerous occasions and the result is always the same: No can do. :rolleyes:

Hi fi67, as far as I am aware once a submission is in vote you can not edit or cancel it. I have tried on numerous occasions and the result is always the same: No can do. :rolleyes:

That's bad. I don't have any submissions on vote to verify, but I believe you are right. So then there is only one thing left. Write a message to the officers and tell them to visit their group page.

We are happy that your waymark was approved. Thank you for the update.

The Leader of Pyramids has quit the group, and as a result the category is on probation with only 2 officers, one of whom has not been on in 4 months and another not on in 6 years. :(. FYI

And the group being on probation means what? That the category is now set to auto approve? That's great if I'm understanding it correctly. :D

The Leader of Pyramids has quit the group, and as a result the category is on probation with only 2 officers, one of whom has not been on in 4 months and another not on in 6 years. :(. FYI

And the group being on probation means what? That the category is now set to auto approve? That's great if I'm understanding it correctly. :D

So what happens to a group ( and the category) if all the officers and the leader just stop visiting and managing their group category?

is there a system in place where the group can be taken over by other active way-markers? Or does the group sit there dead in the water with no way of getting new waymarks processed?

So what happens to a group ( and the category) if all the officers and the leader just stop visiting and managing their group category?

is there a system in place where the group can be taken over by other active way-markers? Or does the group sit there dead in the water with no way of getting new waymarks processed?

Some of us that have created categories have asked that we be able to retire our categories so that others may recreate similar ones, and there has been cases where the site admin here planted officers into dormant categories to review WM's, which I strongly disagree with tampering with rank of command of a WM category.

Once the planted officer was in place, then they complained that they have to review their own WM's sometimes, and that is not "Kosher" so what the are really wanting is for a site admin to plant them as a leader so they can appoint a new officer to review their WM for them.

So what we have ended up with here tyzack4 is a bunch of those guys and a few of us that want to play too, but we have to play by their rules because they are already established Waymarkers.

Edit to add: When a WM stagnates in a dormant category the site admin publishes them.

Edited by Manville Possum

Some of us that have created categories have asked that we be able to retire our categories so that others may recreate similar ones, and there has been cases where the site admin here planted officers into dormant categories to review WM's, which I strongly disagree with tampering with rank of command of a WM category.

Once the planted officer was in place, then they complained that they have to review their own WM's sometimes, and that is not "Kosher" so what the are really wanting is for a site admin to plant them as a leader so they can appoint a new officer to review their WM for them.

So what we have ended up with here tyzack4 is a bunch of those guys and a few of us that want to play too, but we have to play by their rules because they are already established Waymarkers.

Edit to add: When a WM stagnates in a dormant category the site admin publishes them.

Please note, that this is the personal opinion of Manville Possum, and in this respect he has not many who share this opinion (I guess one).

There have been cases, where Groundspeak installed a new leader of a dormant category. But these cases are rare and there is not really a published procedure. But I have never tried it, personally.

For a single stagnant submission, there is a procedure, as MP added.

I think, it would be a good thing for Waymarking if it was easier to replace inactive officers. Category officer and leader are not honorary titles. It is a job, that has to be done. When someone does not do his job, he has to be replaced by someone who does. Very simple. This is my very subjective personal opinion, of course.

...Please note, that this is the personal opinion of Manville Possum, and in this respect he has not many who share this opinion (I guess one).

There have been cases, where Groundspeak installed a new leader of a dormant category. But these cases are rare and there is not really a published procedure. But I have never tried it, personally.

I think, it would be a good thing for Waymarking if it was easier to replace inactive officers. Category officer and leader are not honorary titles. It is a job, that has to be done. When someone does not do his job, he has to be replaced by someone who does. Very simple. This is my very subjective personal opinion, of course.

Thanks fi67!

Let's not confuse "Groundspeak" with the site admin here, and I still believe it was wrong. It's just not right to plant new leadership into Waymarking categories.

What you will end up with is the same small group that controls everything, and I've felt the impact from a few of those core members that want to be in control of this whole site. Like the officer that voted against my photo goal that meet category criteria. I'm afraid of what that will mean for those of us that are not accepted here. :(

...Let's not confuse "Groundspeak" with the site admin here,...

A leader change could only be done by Groundspeak (or an officer vote/or the leader steps back, both we are not talking here at the moment). The site admin doesn't have the power to replace a leader.

...Let's not confuse "Groundspeak" with the site admin here,...

A leader change could only be done by Groundspeak (or an officer vote/or the leader steps back, both we are not talking here at the moment). The site admin doesn't have the power to replace a leader.

I'm sure that Waywizard had the go ahead to plant some new leaders into stagnated categories, which resulted in "we have to review our own Waymarks" now. I'm not aware of any leader being ousted and replaced by the admin here, only a few of you core members were planted as officers, but things are done behind closed doors here and it may not get noticed quickly.

Look, Geocaching HQ has abandoned Waymarking just as they have the Wherigo platform. Those of us that enjoy those sites and still hang around are limited with what we have to work with, but both sites are still useable. :anibad: I believe if Geocaching HQ ever post again in these forums there will be some very unhappy Waymarkers because I believe the site is slowly dying off.

I just don't see allowing one small group to control Waymarking. Truthfully I was shocked that you did not abstain your vote on my photo goal and came to the forums to brag that you tossed out guidelines and voted nay because you don't like me. I truly thought you were more professional and cared more about Waymarking.

I believe if Geocaching HQ ever post again in these forums there will be some very unhappy Waymarkers because I believe the site is slowly dying off.

While there may be some unhappy waymarkers, I disagree that the site is slowly dying off. There are a number of us at Geocaching HQ who continue to participate in Waymarking as category managers, myself included. We have made some efforts to fix bugs and make small updates over time. Sure, it's not ideal but as most folks know, we have been primarily focused on geocaching for the past many years and don't intend to change focus anytime soon. At the same time, there is a lot of love for Waymarking within the walls of HQ and we do have long term aspirations of improving the site and service. There are no plans to shut it down and we appreciate the fact that people continue to use it and contribute many new waymarks every day. My sense at this time is that most waymarkers appreciate the fact that we've been transparent regarding our focus, and many will continue to participate as they see fit going forward.

I believe if Geocaching HQ ever post again in these forums there will be some very unhappy Waymarkers because I believe the site is slowly dying off.

While there may be some unhappy waymarkers, I disagree that the site is slowly dying off. There are a number of us at Geocaching HQ who continue to participate in Waymarking as category managers, myself included. We have made some efforts to fix bugs and make small updates over time. Sure, it's not ideal but as most folks know, we have been primarily focused on geocaching for the past many years and don't intend to change focus anytime soon. At the same time, there is a lot of love for Waymarking within the walls of HQ and we do have long term aspirations of improving the site and service. There are no plans to shut it down and we appreciate the fact that people continue to use it and contribute many new waymarks every day. My sense at this time is that most waymarkers appreciate the fact that we've been transparent regarding our focus, and many will continue to participate as they see fit going forward.

Thanks for posting and letting us know something official from HQ. :)

Thanks for posting and letting us know something official from HQ. :)

You are most welcome.

Bryan, thank you.

Thank you elyob, and thanks to the rest of you waymarkers for being involved. As I've said, I am still a huge fan of Waymarking and I have a deep appreciation for everyone who continues contributing to this project! Have a great weekend everyone!

Bryan, thank you.

Thank you elyob, and thanks to the rest of you waymarkers for being involved. As I've said, I am still a huge fan of Waymarking and I have a deep appreciation for everyone who continues contributing to this project! Have a great weekend everyone!

Thanks for the posts, Bryan. I've wanted to spend some time to improve my half baked Waymarking site (https://geotrailsw.com/wm/) for a while now, but hesitated to invest anything into it, or mobile apps, since the future was cloudy.

Some day I'd like to improve it more, if I ever have time. But glad to see the confirmation there is at least some interest.

Thanks for the posts, Bryan. I've wanted to spend some time to improve my half baked Waymarking site (https://geotrailsw.com/wm/) for a while now, but hesitated to invest anything into it, or mobile apps, since the future was cloudy.

Some day I'd like to improve it more, if I ever have time. But glad to see the confirmation there is at least some interest.

In France we use your application in our smartphone and it could be great if we could log in

Somehow I missed Bryan's post earlier and am glad that I finally saw it.

THANK YOU, BRYAN for that post and the reassurances. We are very serious Waymarkers who seem to plan our entire lives around it. After all, we are retired and it has been a great way to keep us off the streets while posting Waymarks and learning about our world. (We do, though, get onto the streets periodically to replenish our backlog of Waymarks to do.)

Thanks Again, Bryan

Keith

Edited by BK-Hunters