Locating a travel bug

The Skeletor

I am taking a trip to Iceland next month and I would really love to take a TB with me! I have found a couple caches that said they would have a TB in them but still have not found any. Am I doing it wrong?! I have been trying to look up how to locate them but I am not figuring it out. I do not want to start my own just help one move around a bit. Any info is much appreciated! Thank you! :D

You're not doing anything wrong. :)

Having a trackable listed in a cache's inventory hasn't meant it's still there (if it was at all...) in some time.

I'd like to put blame on free apps and new folks not reading "how tos", but we're seeing just as many issues by long-time, premium members.

This'll seem real odd, but we seem to find trackables in caches that don't have any listed in that inventory. :D

Finding a trackable in a cache today is simply luckadadraw.

I am taking a trip to Iceland next month and I would really love to take a TB with me!

What if it's mission is to go to Kansas? :laughing: Just buy one of your own to take with you. :)

Only advice I can offer in finding one in a geocache is read past logs. Sometimes it helps. If a TB in inventory is not present, I normally state that in my log. :)

I usually compare the cache logs with the TB logs to give me a good prediction of whether a TB is likely to still be in a cache.

Things like how long it has been in there and how many people have visited in that time give a good prediction, although can never be sure.

Looking at the caches you have found I wonder whether this cache is near you, it seems to give a good chance of finding a TB at the moment

https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC44DWV_pdx-history-ione-plaza-a-tb-and-geocoin-hotel

I am taking a trip to Iceland next month and I would really love to take a TB with me! I have found a couple caches that said they would have a TB in them but still have not found any. Am I doing it wrong?! I have been trying to look up how to locate them but I am not figuring it out. I do not want to start my own just help one move around a bit. Any info is much appreciated! Thank you! :D

Tell ya what - send me your address via the Message Center and I'll mail you one or two to take with you!

I usually compare the cache logs with the TB logs to give me a good prediction of whether a TB is likely to still be in a cache.

Things like how long it has been in there and how many people have visited in that time give a good prediction, although can never be sure.

Looking at the caches you have found I wonder whether this cache is near you, it seems to give a good chance of finding a TB at the moment

https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC44DWV_pdx-history-ione-plaza-a-tb-and-geocoin-hotel

When you check a cache for a trackable, look how recent the logs are. The latest ones have the most chance of being there. Also, read the last bunch of logs, people sometimes report that they are not there, but they don't get marked as missing. Any reviewer, or I can mark trackables missing, if the cache owner or trackable owner fails to do so in a timely manner. One only needs to send a link for the missing trackable.

Hi Skeletor! My daughter and I are also going to Iceland (next month!). I am taking 5 TBs with me that I've retrieved. And I am also going to start a few of my own. What was your experience with caching in Iceland? Did you find a good place to drop of TBs in Reykavik? I'm thinking that may be the best place.