Premium Members

AkTRx

Maybe someone here can provide some insight for me.. as I understand it, to use the new app and search for any cache greater than 1.5 difficulty you have to pay the premium membership fees. So for those of us that are already premium members, what's the benefit to us??

I really enjoyed that by being a premium member we had more cache options available to us, along with numerous other benefits. But if most people now will be premium members, what's the point in having 'premium' members??

I couldn't find a good spot to start this thread, so please move it if it's got a better home..

So for those of us that are already premium members, what's the benefit to us??

But if most people now will be premium members, what's the point in having 'premium' members??

Huh?

The benefit to Premium Members are all the things that Basic Members don't get: Click Here

Regarding the app, the benefit of being a Premium Member is that Groundspeak creates an app for you to use. It takes money to pay for developers to create/maintain apps, so only Premium Members that have contributed $$ get to use the full features of the app.

Will "most people" now be premium members? If so, then that's great for Groundspeak because they'll have more revenue to hopefully invest in the website/apps/etc. If the new app drives more cachers to buy a Premium Membership, then that probably means the strategy of making the app so limited for Basic Members was a success.

Are you saying that there should only be one type of membership?

Maybe someone here can provide some insight for me.. as I understand it, to use the new app and search for any cache greater than 1.5 difficulty you have to pay the premium membership fees. So for those of us that are already premium members, what's the benefit to us??

I really enjoyed that by being a premium member we had more cache options available to us, along with numerous other benefits. But if most people now will be premium members, what's the point in having 'premium' members??

The "point" is you won't have those options without it. :)

What I don't think I understand is if a basic member enjoyed the hobby enough to cough up the money to become a premium member, what makes their premium membership somehow "devalue" yours?

You do realize that if a basic member used a GPSr instead of a phone app, they'd be able to search for all D/T ratings and types, other than pmo caches, right?

That's been that way as long as I can remember... :)