Unintentional double logs

stebu

I found about 20 caches today (wohoo!) and uploaded fieldnotes for each of them.

When I converted them into foundit logs, two of them showed up twice, both the actual cache log and also the personal TB visit log.

Not a biggie, I corrected the situation by deleting the extra logs. But some kind of misbehavior in the system!

I found about 20 caches today (wohoo!) and uploaded fieldnotes for each of them.

When I converted them into foundit logs, two of them showed up twice, both the actual cache log and also the personal TB visit log.

Not a biggie, I corrected the situation by deleting the extra logs. But some kind of misbehavior in the system!

It's not a "misbehaviour" of the system. It's well-documented in the forums that the app(s) post multiple "found it" logs on occasion.

You have always been able to log "found it" more than once.

But, as noted in the post above, that will soon be changed.

B.

You seem to be describing a different situation from the referenced duplicate logging directly from the app.

You uploaded field notes/drafts to the website and the # of field notes uploaded to the site was correct? You then created found it looks from the uploaded field notes and duplicates were created?

If so, that might indicate an issue with the latest website update for field notes/drafts.

This will be fixed by the upcoming change to not allow multiple logs.

Just by the way: it's not necessarily the case that the restriction in the API against sending in multiple find logs will fix the problem of a single find being posted multiple times. There's no particular reason for us outside the development team to think this isn't a bug in the implementation behind the API. Of course, one hopes the development team is confident the problem will be fixed since none of the stated justifications for restricting the API hold much water.

You seem to be describing a different situation from the referenced duplicate logging directly from the app.

You uploaded field notes/drafts to the website and the # of field notes uploaded to the site was correct? You then created found it looks from the uploaded field notes and duplicates were created?

If so, that might indicate an issue with the latest website update for field notes/drafts.

You're right. I uploaded field notes(drafts) only from the field. When I edited the drafts and then submitted the log, the result was double logs twice.

Today I logged 12 caches in similar manner and all went well.

But there's two extra logs hidden in the system, the site claims my find count is 2 more than it actually is. When I list my finds (seek/nearest.aspx?ul=stebu) the first two pages only show 19 finds, so the two double logs are still messing up the counts!