Earwigo: simple tutorial on how to create: "walk into zone", "solve task", "move on to the next"?

FREDskorpset

I have been trying to make our first Wherigo for some time now. I have followed all instructions I have found on creating zones, setting up tasks, etc.

Our plan is to have a Wherigo with a simple "walk into a zone" - "get a task/question" - "answer correctly and get the direction for the next zone".

The tutorial I have followed wants to make me create characters and items and things I don't need.

Can someone post a link where I can find a simple explanation on how to make these "simple" functions we want?

I have searched the forum, but couldn't find anything.

Hope I wrote this at least partially understandable. Thanks for any answers! :-)

... Our plan is to have a Wherigo with a simple ...

You are at a junction of your Wherigo career. Asking questions and dealing with the answers is where Wherigo leaves the ...simple... world.

I can imagine that you have already invested a lot of effort to get to your current position in the tutorial. If you want to continue to learn programming a cartridge, there is more hard work ahead. The reward will be that you can influence most aspects of your cartridges. It should be possible to skip a section of the tutorial and pick it up at "Decisions - Introduction" http://earwigo.net/WWB/wiki/doku.php?id=create_your_first_cartridge#decisions_introduction but I have to point out that it will not be simple.

If you have a good story and good questions to go with you can consider to switch over to a more user friendly pre-programmed cartridge generator called "Wherigo Kit" from Ranger Fox http://Wherigo.rangerfox.com/ The kit will create two types of cartridges. The exact cartridge that you are asking for and a cartridge type called "lights out". The fox claims that you can export them to Earwigo to tweak them.

The kit will be the quickest way to success by far.

Good luck with your cartridge. Geo ;)

Well, the "Lights Out" type of cartridge is really a setup for if you want to have multiple zones displayed at one time and don't care about the order in which the player visits the zones in that group, or even just want players to visit X out of Y zones in a group. You can have as many groups of zones as you want. For all other things, if you just want a go-here-answer-this, you can stick with the traditional question and answer kit.

Kit produces the cartridges in the exact way Groundspeak's builder does. So if a builder will import Groundspeak's builder's cartridge, it'll be able to read Kit's without an issue. This sort of compatibility does come at a cost, though, as I can't do some flashy things behind the scenes.

Anyway, if all you want is a simple go-here-answer-this, do try Kit as that's what it was made to create.