Sign in to follow this  
Followers 62
The_Capital_Kid

Introduce Yourself

Hello from California! We're a pair of cachers operating for about 1.5 months now. I remember my uncle telling me about geocaching 18-19 years ago, and now that I've taken it up I've realized he must have been one of the originals! Loving that caching connects us all in this secret hidden world - both hidden caches and hidden spots that we wouldn't otherwise notice. Thanks for the community!

Hello! I'm Lumin, and I've been caching for a couple months but first heard about it around 6 years ago from a friend. It took me a while, but I'm glad I started caching :) From Auckland, New Zealand, but hoping to eventually find caches all around the world. 

Hi, My name is Czarek and I'm live in Poland,
I got interested in geocaching a few days ago. I completely missed the fact that such a thing could exist. Despite the fact that 15 years ago I finished my studies in Geography. What I like about geocaching it is a way to spending time is some kind of mystery and adventure that I am very drawn to.

I wish You a nice day, bye bye

Hello Everyone! :) My name is MsGumshoe and I’m from Connecticut. 

New to geocaching… I love being outdoors; exploring, discovering new places… Investigative nature at heart. I love a good mystery, along with a challenge, but I can get cranky if I can’t figure it out. :rolleyes: There have been times when I have seen people in the woods that looked like they were searching for something and after reading some of these threads now, I realize they were the cachers and I was the muggle :D Curious if most of you use your cell phone map for coordinates or if you have a separate GPS device .  Also happy to see that there is a list of Geocache acronyms available so I can get the lingo down.  Looking forward to new discoveries!  

Hello Everybody, 

My name is Chelsea and I'm from California. I am new to Geocaching, I just started this last summer in May. I love exploring new places, solving riddles/puzzles (though I'm not the best at it) and learning the interesting tidbits of info about the surrounding areas. I can't wait to hide a cache once I gain more experience. I currently use my cell phone to find the caches but, I've been curious about getting a separate GPS unit instead, is it worth it? Looking forward to getting started :)

On 12/31/2020 at 10:19 AM, MsGumshoe said:

Hello Everyone! :) My name is MsGumshoe and I’m from Connecticut. 

Be welcome!

• Love 1

12 hours ago, ceedeetee2020 said:

My name is Chelsea and I'm from California.

Be welcome!

On 12/20/2020 at 5:46 PM, Czareknster said:

Hi, My name is Czarek and I'm live in Poland,
I got interested in geocaching a few days ago. I completely missed the fact that such a thing could exist. Despite the fact that 15 years ago I finished my studies in Geography. What I like about geocaching it is a way to spending time is some kind of mystery and adventure that I am very drawn to.

I wish You a nice day, bye bye

Witaj jak sie masz?

Hello from Connecticut. I've known of geocaching for several years. Just started 2 weeks ago with my 7 year old niece. So nice to have an wholesome, fun activity to do with her. Her dad will enjoy it too. But, I've found, even with the little we've done, I really like it. :) Now to find little treasures to leave at the caches... And MsGumshoe, from CT - I love the name

On 1/3/2021 at 2:04 PM, katndoggs said:

Hello from Connecticut. I've known of geocaching for several years. Just started 2 weeks ago with my 7 year old niece. So nice to have an wholesome, fun activity to do with her. Her dad will enjoy it too. But, I've found, even with the little we've done, I really like it. :) Now to find little treasures to leave at the caches... And MsGumshoe, from CT - I love the name

Hello 👋. Welcome. Thanks,  someone already had “Nancy Drew” :)

have fun! Just before reading your post, I literally just wrote down “Geocache trinkets“ on my shopping list.