Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 52
The_Capital_Kid

Introduce Yourself

Recommended Posts

Hello, all!  My wife and I just started Geocaching this last weekend.  We've seen parts of a park nearby that we haven't seen in 17 years of living within a half-mile of it.  That is reward enough to keep it up.  We are going to Scotland next year, and we thought it would be interesting to see what we can find over there.  Found 8 so far, all but one micros.  Going to a famous cemetery nearby this weekend.  I really like the historical, geological, etc points included. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, tskowronek said:

Don't know why my pic doesn't show. Too big? It shows on the profile page.

 

Some odd reason, I get a 404 error when attempting your profile page. 

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, tskowronek said:

Hello, all!  My wife and I just started Geocaching this last weekend.

 

Be very welcome, family!

Share this post


Link to post

Hello! I just signed up. This page was introduced to me by a friend but sadly i see this activity is not ready yet where i live, in Argentina. Is there any way to get this started?

Share this post


Link to post

Hi, I'm Mandy from Illinois, USA. I'm super new to geocaching (I've found 10 so far), but my fiance is not new! He got me hooked on the game and now I can't get enough. I currently work as a supply chain analyst in the aerospace industry, and I'm getting married in May 2020! My fiance and I have a small collection of pets--2 dogs, 2 ball pythons, a tortoise, and a kitten. We also enjoy camping and fishing (which is great for geocaching as there are so many hidden in local parks!)

Share this post


Link to post

Hi, I'm Sammy from Melbourne Australia. I stumbled onto this after my wife bought me a Garmin Rino 750 for Christmas and wondered was this Geocache app was on the GPS. Well here I am... I'm a bit of an adventurer, I love riding motorcycles, hiking, camping, off-roading, basically anything that gets me outdoors, hence the Garmin for Christmas.

Edited by SammyA5150

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/4/2020 at 12:46 PM, IkunoOfBrill said:

Hello! I just signed up. This page was introduced to me by a friend but sadly i see this activity is not ready yet where i live, in Argentina. Is there any way to get this started?

 

Hola. Hay muchos cachés por ahí ... pero puedes comenzar escondiendo algunos de los tuyos.
¡Bienvenido!

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/8/2020 at 3:57 PM, amgraves86 said:

Hi, I'm Mandy from Illinois, USA.

 

Be welcome, Mandy!

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, SammyA5150 said:

Hi, I'm Sammy from Melbourne Australia.

 

Welcome mate!

 

PS: Your land is in our thoughts. :(

Share this post


Link to post

I'm Brian and I live in Illinois. I have been caching since 2010. Just started using the forum. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Scouter74 said:

I'm Brian and I live in Illinois. I have been caching since 2010. Just started using the forum. 

 

Better late than never :)

 

Welcome Brian!

 

PS: Your "life" has been in my mind after the sad news yesterday about Terry Jones...

Share this post


Link to post

HI all
I'm Kathryn from Western Sydney, Australia  :)
my friend Onlysleepin from Ohio got me interested in Geocaching, and while visiting her this year, i got to find one with her.
I tried a little bit, but didn't have much luck. But decided as a new years resolution I would give it another go.
I have found 2 and not found 3 in the last 3 days - would be happy to find a buddy to give me a few tips and ideas for what I'm looking for when I'm out and about.
 

Edited by Mikat55

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/30/2020 at 8:38 AM, Mikat55 said:

HI all
I'm Kathryn from Western Sydney, Australia  :)
my friend Onlysleepin from Ohio got me interested in Geocaching, and while visiting her this year, i got to find one with her.
I tried a little bit, but didn't have much luck. But decided as a new years resolution I would give it another go.
I have found 2 and not found 3 in the last 3 days - would be happy to find a buddy to give me a few tips and ideas for what I'm looking for when I'm out and about.
 

Don't give up! Most people start with a friend and branch out as they get more experience. You will develop your "Spidey Sense" through time and experience. Just wait till you discover your first really tough cache. It gives you a genuine sense of accomplishment. The more you find, the greater the fun. Patience is the key. Welcome to the sport, and hoping you have a lot of fun with it!

Seeker_Knighht

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/23/2020 at 1:48 PM, Scouter74 said:

I'm Brian and I live in Illinois. I have been caching since 2010. Just started using the forum. 

 

Welcome to the forums. You've been missing half the fun. You can find a lot of information on here about events and such, as well as pick the brains of some of the old timers who have seen it all. It's also a good way to learn the rules as they are interpreted by the players. Takes you a long way toward understanding the etiquette and why it exists. Hope you have a great time and learn new stuff, meet new people.

Seeker_Knight

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/22/2020 at 7:06 PM, SammyA5150 said:

Hi, I'm Sammy from Melbourne Australia. I stumbled onto this after my wife bought me a Garmin Rino 750 for Christmas and wondered was this Geocache app was on the GPS. Well here I am... I'm a bit of an adventurer, I love riding motorcycles, hiking, camping, off-roading, basically anything that gets me outdoors, hence the Garmin for Christmas.

Welcome to the game Sammy. Your wife must really love you to get you such a fine unit as a 750. You should have no problems finding just about any cache you go looking for. I've seen them in action and they are a great tool. I've seen them hold a signal going through a train tunnel. Only thing harder than that is if you took it on a darn submarine! LOL

Hope you have as much fun as I have with it, and stay safe out there. I understand you're having some real beastly fires down there. Would not want to get caught up in one of them. May be a good idea to locate other Rhino users. I think it has a function to do that. That way you can use the radio to help cover each other for safety. Good luck to you and have fun!

Seeker_Knight

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/8/2020 at 2:57 PM, amgraves86 said:

Hi, I'm Mandy from Illinois, USA. I'm super new to geocaching (I've found 10 so far), but my fiance is not new! He got me hooked on the game and now I can't get enough. I currently work as a supply chain analyst in the aerospace industry, and I'm getting married in May 2020! My fiance and I have a small collection of pets--2 dogs, 2 ball pythons, a tortoise, and a kitten. We also enjoy camping and fishing (which is great for geocaching as there are so many hidden in local parks!)

 

Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials!

Welcome to the sport. I'm sure you will have a great time together doing this. It will be something you can do with the dogs too. The other pets maybe not so much.  Cats don't normally enjoy trailing along with a group, they like to hunt more than search. The pythons are bound to wander off up some tree that you may not want to climb. And let's face it, the tortoise is just bound to slow you down too much. You are bound to find a LOT of caches with the camping and fishing. Probably some real neat finds. Enjoy!

Seeker_Knight

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/30/2019 at 2:07 PM, tskowronek said:

Hello, all!  My wife and I just started Geocaching this last weekend.  We've seen parts of a park nearby that we haven't seen in 17 years of living within a half-mile of it.  That is reward enough to keep it up.  We are going to Scotland next year, and we thought it would be interesting to see what we can find over there.  Found 8 so far, all but one micros.  Going to a famous cemetery nearby this weekend.  I really like the historical, geological, etc points included. 

 

Welcome to the sport!

Hope you enjoy many happy years doing this together. It does tend to take you to areas you might otherwise never see. Scotland has to be one of the coolest places to visit. I bet you have a blast geocaching over there. Enjoy the adventure!

Seeker_Knight

Share this post


Link to post

Hi there, new here! 
My brother is a big hiker and biker and has been into caching out on trails for a while! My husband and I recently spent the weekend visiting the DC area and decided to try out in the city. Spent a couple of hours on some easy nearby finds and we are HOOKED! Anxious to hit 20 finds and then work on creating some of our own to place! Any one else caching mostly in the city like us?

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, lacyjoy said:

My husband and I recently spent the weekend visiting the DC area and decided to try out in the city. Spent a couple of hours on some easy nearby finds and we are HOOKED! 

 

Oh no... too late!!  :)

Be welcome couple!

 

PS: Try to Attend any nearby Event... the best way to know "the way of the rocks".

Edited by RuideAlmeida

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, lacyjoy said:

Hi there, new here! 
My brother is a big hiker and biker and has been into caching out on trails for a while! My husband and I recently spent the weekend visiting the DC area and decided to try out in the city. Spent a couple of hours on some easy nearby finds and we are HOOKED! Anxious to hit 20 finds and then work on creating some of our own to place! Any one else caching mostly in the city like us?

Welcome to the fun! You can find these things just about anywhere, and all over the world. My Daughter went to school on St Kitts and Nevis Island, and there were not just a few, but a load of caches to explore. Unfortunately for her, being in a Veterinary Program takes up all your available time, so she didn't get to do much.

Being here on the mainland, you won't have any limits. Just pay attention to the better caches you find and you'll learn plenty. Some people go all out in their thinking and execution of creating a cache. Those are the real gems that everyone loves to find. Others are just a micro that just seems to be dumped at random. Can be a challenge, but more often just a boring waste of time. The better ones have a hidden reason for taking you to the location, like a beautiful view, a historic building or monument, a unique dining opportunity, or a really fun park. You'll understand this more as you go, and it will make you a much better cache owner or CO as it is normally abbreviated. So be safe and have fun. The world is your cache!

Seeker_Knight

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 52

×
×
  • Create New...