Introduce Yourself

The_Capital_Kid

Hello again to everyone, new year, new me (it's 2022 in Australia now, still NYE in the US).

My original username was Unit473L, which I picked from looking in the real estate section of the newspaper. Not a great name, not a terrible name. However, I did have a few people asking me if the "unit" part was related to some military unit, as many of them have numbers instead of names. Also, it's way too close to the awful Manshu Detachment known as Unit 731 in WWII. They committed many atrocities and war crimes (feel free to look them up if you feel like being depressed for the rest of the week).

Since I don't want to inadvertently be providing support for them, I've changed my username to Darwin473. Now comes the hard part, remembering to write the correct username when I write my logs! :D

• Upvote 3

Hello everyone! First time GC'ing in a long time. Last time I did, I was 12-13 and doing it with my father, in Washington State, USA. We didn't find anything but I had a lot of fun regardless. Those memories just popped into my head today, and I'm in my mid 20s now! So I thought I would give this hobby another try. Now I'm in Oregon, USA and I've been peeping the map around me, and seeing there's plenty of caches to find. I want to learn a bit more about hiking as well, so this seems like the perfect opportunity to take me to some hidden spots. Wish me luck! 

Hello!, my name is Elliot, I'm a veteran to a lot of these geolocation finding apps, and I decided why not use the original geocaching app, so I'm here, and currently doing it with a bunch of friends, hello everyone!, glad to be apart of this community.

• Love 1

Hello Geocahing Comunity,

We are CoteFamily4, we have 2 children we are trying to get into this "game" which i tell them is like a world wide treasure hunt. They find it very intriguing. We are going for our first adventure today! We look forward to the adventures to come. Good luck everyone. We paid for premium so we could find as many as we can. They are already asking to hide one too.

4 hours ago, Beastriot67 said:

Hi all,

I (Beastriot67) am brand new to geocaching and looking to find a good starter one for me and my toddler. We are in the Westland mi area. Are there any good starting caches that people could direct me to?

Thank you

Try GC4GZVZ  It is a size Large and has a Difficulty rating of 1.5.  This cache should be pretty easy to find.

Welcome to the hobby and  Good Luck

Hello everyone,  I stumbled upon this hobby by accident and using it to get a little exercise and fresh air.  I've enjoyed it so far doing ones close to home for now but plan on branching out.

I'm from Baltimore, Maryland but more precise (Dundalk) and would love to meet fellow cachers 

Edited by homeboy_ohmboy
2 hours ago, homeboy_ohmboy said:

Hello everyone,  I stumbled upon this hobby by accident and using it to get a little exercise and fresh air.  I've enjoyed it so far doing ones close to home for now but plan on branching out.

I'm from Baltimore, Maryland but more precise (Dundalk) and would love to meet fellow cachers 

Welcome to our activity/hobby/activity/obsession. 

A good way to get acquainted with other geocachers is to attend events.  The closest one I saw to you is GCA09FD, MGS 2022 MGS Holiday Swap and Potluck.  Check it out.

• Helpful 1
  • Love 1

Hi there

Met a couple in Ilkley today, and got interested, so I thought I'd give it a go.

I have their profile name, and wondered how I could get in touch with them, to say "Hi"?

I live in Bradford, West Yorkshire and spend a lot of time either cycling or walking the Leeds to Liverpool Canal, between Leeds and Skipton.

I'm interested in the countryside, wildlife and wild swimming, and thought this app would enhance my experience.

On 1/1/2022 at 11:34 AM, Darwin473 said:

Hello again to everyone, new year, new me (it's 2022 in Australia now, still NYE in the US).

My original username was Unit473L, which I picked from looking in the real estate section of the newspaper. Not a great name, not a terrible name. However, I did have a few people asking me if the "unit" part was related to some military unit, as many of them have numbers instead of names. Also, it's way too close to the awful Manshu Detachment known as Unit 731 in WWII. They committed many atrocities and war crimes (feel free to look them up if you feel like being depressed for the rest of the week).

Since I don't want to inadvertently be providing support for them, I've changed my username to Darwin473. Now comes the hard part, remembering to write the correct username when I write my logs! :D

WOW. I hadn't noticed you had changed your name. I've been recognising your posts purely from your avatar! Doh. Call me ososlow.

Edited by colleda
typos
  • Love 1

Hi everyone! I’m Lucas, and I’m a new geocacher, at the time I wrote this post, I have 51 finds. I cache around the SF Bay Area and I cached a bit in Taiwan too. My goal is to challenge myself intellectually by finding as many caches as I can. I’m a huge Green Lantern fan, and I plan to hide many caches of that theme. Speaking of, I cache by my oath (in my bio). Can’t wait to make it to 100 finds! 

שלום לכולם. זו הודעה ראשונה שלי אני ממש טריה כאן במשחק. אני מישראל ולא רואה עוד שחקנים

אולי יש כאן עוד שחקנים מארץ קטנה זו? בת 30 עם ילד חכם בן 8 שלא מפסיק להפתיע ולהיות יצירתי. בעל חזון להסתיר הרבה גיאוקאשים

שלום שלום :-)

28 minutes ago, Graceful91 said:

שלום לכולם. זו הודעה ראשונה שלי אני ממש טריה כאן במשחק. אני מישראל ולא רואה עוד שחקנים

אולי יש כאן עוד שחקנים מארץ קטנה זו? בת 30 עם ילד חכם בן 8 שלא מפסיק להפתיע ולהיות יצירתי. בעל חזון להסתיר הרבה גיאוקאשים

שלום שלום :-)

ברוכים הבאים, שניכם!

Hey 👋  I'm Raven il make this short coz you need to get out geocaching 

I have been geocaching for 3 years or so now and have a descent amount of  hides I enjoy  video games and have just rediscovered the forms so expect to see alot of me around 

Happy geocaching 

Hi everyone,

My multiplayer gamer tag is Lhotse5, everywhere. Steam, EA, Eve Online and all other online games I play. I'm from The Commonwealth and enjoy skateboarding in parks with bowls and pools, longboard downhill freeriding, as well as collecting and restoring antique cameras, so I can convert them to modern-size film and use them to take pictures.

I'm really enjoying Geocaching! I'm still canvasing my town and I really had to work for #25 but it was worth it. I bring repair essentials along in my pack like pre-cut paper strips, small ziplock baggies and duct tape to fix them up if needed. 

I just submitted a cache of my own tonight, so I'm waiting for my review to come back. It's a REAL good one called "Bo Derek"!

Enjoy the summer everyone and good luck, Geocaching!

- Lhotse5

224017155_6482179561807462_8728162254124325524_n.jpg

good morning from  Texas panhandle everyone!

I'm kitty & a member of the Texas route 66 association    & a couple of us have talked about doing  something like this on our Old Route 66 the 179 miles across Texas ,. Route 66  is NOT Interstate 40 We still have the 'old road over here   as the other 7 states do as well,.  as we are a none profit  We would be interested in doing this  for Fun for our many travelers . As we have  some younger 'roadies' as well,,,  Not being familiar  with all the aspects  of geocaching i see there a Lot to learn on it,.,

So im here to learn what i can  & how it works & how in heck ya do it LOL

have a great morning!

kitty

Hi all. Well it's been a long 'drought'.

• Found my 1st geocache on 20 Oct 2002... over 21 yrs ago. Yes it's recorded on this site. Couldn't get kids interested so between them, work, life and other hobbies I drifted away.
  • Found my 2nd, 3rd and 4th ones on 7 Nov 2023 .
  • Now that I have some time I'm planning on doing some hunting.
  • An observation on how it's changed. In 2002 no cell phones, few if any digital pictures to help guide you, so I used a hand held GPS which I had to manually load the lat/long into. Plus GPS geolocation at the time was about 10 to 30 ft vs. the 1 to 3 ft of today. So caches were a bit harder to find  *grins*.
  • Anyway looking forward to getting out and about and finding some more.

Finally, any hams out there who've combined the hobbies? I'm going to take along my handheld radio and see if I can track via APRS. Maybe spot the location on APRS. 

Anyway, I'm back!!!!

Steve aka Habu

• Upvote 1