The_Capital_Kid

DARKSIDEDAN

Membership type: Premium

Joined 04.Jan.2015Last Visited 06.May.2021
  • 2.svg8,355 finds
  • owned.svg1,087 hides
  • activity-favorited-icon.svg1,374 Favorite points
  • location.svgUser's home Location: Canberra, Australia

Why Do I Geocache, It a simple question with a complexed answer? Geocaching is a Real-Life Treasure Hunt that gets you Outdoors and makes every walk more interesting by taking you to places you never knew existed. The Geocaching Community is Awesome with so many great people that support each other and have some amazing stories to share. Geocaching Is A Mental and Physical Challenge on another level from solving complex puzzles to climbing the highest trees. 

I want to geocache anytime, anywhere, with anyone. Currently I am based in Canberra, Australia.

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1

Revived my account after a 15 year hiatus and found my first cache since 2006 this weekend! Now that I have a 5 year old and its summer in Chicago, this should be a fun activity to get outside and have some quality father & son time. 

Also ordered our first trackables, just a few standard bugs to start. Looking forward to our 'missions' to drop them in caches and see where they go...

Hi. I'm Desert from Auckland, New Zealand. My lifes been kinda rocky recently concerning mental health and I've lost a lot of my old hobbies. So I thought I'd give geocaching another shot (since my aunty introduced me to it a few years back) and get back into the swing of things :)

Also the allure of finding little hidden treasures :) 

On 5/7/2021 at 10:04 AM, DARKSIDEDAN said:

DARKSIDEDAN

Membership type: Premium

Joined 04.Jan.2015Last Visited 06.May.2021
  • 2.svg8,355 finds
  • owned.svg1,087 hides
  • activity-favorited-icon.svg1,374 Favorite points
  • location.svgUser's home Location: Canberra, Australia

Why Do I Geocache, It a simple question with a complexed answer? Geocaching is a Real-Life Treasure Hunt that gets you Outdoors and makes every walk more interesting by taking you to places you never knew existed. The Geocaching Community is Awesome with so many great people that support each other and have some amazing stories to share. Geocaching Is A Mental and Physical Challenge on another level from solving complex puzzles to climbing the highest trees. 

I want to geocache anytime, anywhere, with anyone. Currently I am based in Canberra, Australia.

Gone up 40 plus hides, 300 finds and 180 fav points since this post. More to come 

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, DharPartha said:

Hi everyone. I am from southeastern Pennsylvania and just starting up on Geocaching. My two young kids (aged 7 and 8) introduced me to this hobby after they got a new handheld GPS. Happy to find this forum of fellow cachers.

Cool !  Rare these days folks start the hobby with GPSrs, that's how us old farts started.  Most start with a sorta-smart phone and app.     :)

By your mystery hide, you know that using the website to find caches doesn't restrict you on Difficulty and Terrain like an app would do. Nice ! 

• Upvote 1
On 7/11/2021 at 1:51 PM, DharPartha said:

Hi everyone. I am from southeastern Pennsylvania and just starting up on Geocaching. My two young kids (aged 7 and 8) introduced me to this hobby after they got a new handheld GPS. Happy to find this forum of fellow cachers.

Welcome!

We started somewhere around Allentown, PA.

Edited by LeataCharity
On 9/22/2021 at 2:28 AM, Meggary said:

Hi all,

Gary Wright here. Stumbled across this while searching an unrelated Geocache site (2am) and it looks great. I have three in my immediate area to start with so will try it out.

G'day and welcome.  Plenty to start with in your LGA.

Edited by colleda

Hi All, I'm Tina (CachemifUcn) located in Virginia. I've been caching since 2018- took a family break during the pandemic and have returned for round two of caching in 2021. Made my mark as I have done in the past and planning more hides as I type here. Looking forward to meeting new gamers and visiting with old friends! Still learning as I have only found 300+ (mostly traditional). I am starting to work on the mystery, Wherigo, adventure lab, etc. Also finding out that the P&G's (park & go's) should be saved for those hot summer days and the wooded finds for colder/winter dates. Filling the grid and watching my stats are a new thing for me as well. Learning the lingo is on my list too. So, I can help with basic lingo, as me, if not I will ask you! LOL Happy caching!