Introduce Yourself

The_Capital_Kid

Greetings!! I joined 2 days ago and have 3 finds so far.  I thought I would get into this as something to do with my grandson as he grows.  Get him outside and enjoying nature and all of that. That part remains true.  However, I have quickly learned this is "all about me!!!"  Three finds and I'm so hooked! I love puzzles and mysteries so this fits the bill.  My husband and I started biking the Erie Canal as part of our way to get outdoors more during "NY Pause."  There are literally 100's of finds along the canal!!!  I'm going to have to go back to the parts we've already done and go hunting!  I think I'm hooked.  

Stevie and Lee here, near Falkirk Scotland. Just started the geocaching and it's sick. Found hunnerds already, well 12 :lol:. Don't understand all the funny words folk use in their caching records, but luvin it. :D:D:ninja:

Edited by Rizla_and_Roach
amendment

Obligatory "hello" post for the mods to approve. :) 

I'm located in the top end of Australia, nice to see a bunch of caches within driving distance.

I noticed that the regional policies page on the Wiki is essentially blank for my state. I couldn't log in with this account, nor could I find a way to register. Is the wiki managed by specific people only, in order to prevent spam? 

Hello, 

Geocacher from Latvia here.

I joined around 10 years ago(I think) found few, then stopped. Now i came back because I rememebered about this beautifull hobbie. Not to mention, it is easier to track caches with an app. It really does helps. 

Hello!

I'm Pete, from Hampshire, UK. Started Geocaching a week or two ago as something to do with my 2 young boys, to get out and about - though they're more interested in beating each other up and picking blackberries than finding caches, apparently...

Just now, ptmoo66 said:

I'm Pete, from Hampshire, UK. Started Geocaching a week or two ago as something to do with my 2 young boys, to get out and about - though they're more interested in beating each other up and picking blackberries than finding caches, apparently...

Welcome.  :D      That's the fun part of family caching ...  Priorities.   :D

We put kid stuff in larger caches that they can play with immediately, because we realize that attention span often isn't too long.  :)

• Helpful 1
2 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

Welcome.  :D      That's the fun part of family caching ...  Priorities.   :D

We put kid stuff in larger caches that they can play with immediately, because we realize that attention span often isn't too long.  :)

Indeed! We need to remember to bring some swag with us so we can take away the stuff we find...

Hello Geocachers, my name is Vanda, i´m portuguese, i finally decided to start to play this game as i enjoy so much to discover new natural places and i thought it woud be pleasant to discover new places and also try to play geocaching.

Wishing good discoveries for everybody!

• Love 1

Hey everyone. Been aware of Geocaching for quite some time now, but have never tried it. I've seen some youtube videos online of people going about their geocaching, geocachehunt? geohunt? It was quite exciting, and just recently I've been wanting to know a little more about it and even see myself get started somehow. 

Thanks!

• Love 1

Hey everyone, Lake Jackson Five checking in.  I joined back in May but I just got around to getting on the discussion boards.  We're Lake Jackson Five because their are five of us in my family that all go out searching together, and we live near Lake Jackson (in Tallahassee, FL).  I have a friend that been doing geocaching up north for years and years and wanted to try my hand at it, mostly to have an outdoor activity to do with my wife and children.  We've been having lots of fun so far and have found caches in 4 states already!

Hello all!

Just got started about a week ago when a friend took me out geocaching. I'm loving it - gets me out of the house and walking/hiking around. 

Since my first time out with my friend, I've found 4 caches on my own, and planning to go back and take another look at 2 that I was not able to find. :)

Just saying hello to everyone iam retired and new to this i have been geocatching for a week now i do like it getting out and getting excercise.And i know i have a lot to learn i get a lot of dnf's right now but that goes along with the learning process.I love this most because no matter where iam i can find a place to hunt.

20 hours ago, deltonad said:

i get a lot of dnf's right now

You may find it beneficial to look at a few geocaching videos on YouTube. There are some types of caches (such as the magnetic nano's) which are virtually impossible to find on your own without help, but once you've seen the types of places they hide then you'll have a much better idea of where to look first. Welcome to the game!