Introduce Yourself

The_Capital_Kid

Hello everyone, new and very green cacher from the Tampa, FL area here. I discovered this activity through a FB post on one of my scuba diving pages and it sounded interesting. Always looking for a reason to get wet and look for treasure but in the meantime, had no idea how many cashes there were to be found. Signed up yesterday and found my first cache today at lunch, located in the back lot of my workplace. Only took a few minutes. Pretty cool to see what people left in the container. I added my own trinket to the cache and put it back exactly. Looking forward to finding some scuba caches and exploring for other treasure.

Hello all, My name is Dalton and was once a solo cacher but now Im part of a team..We geocahe in and around Philadelphia/New Jersey area.

As of today I'm still a basic member but as soon as i hit a 100 smiles I will upgrade to premium. I'm at 93 as I write the message and I'm hoping to hit 100 in the next couple of days.  I started as a solo geocacher but my girls have joined in and love it hence the profile picture. They also wanted to start a channel so we did.(just started a channel).. we enjoy the hunt and laughing at yourselves when we go back and watch the videos.  We are still learning and really work hard to try not to show any locations, containers or any info about the cache we find. Unless we know the Co or have talked to or got permission from the CO... If you want to laugh at us as well please check out the link, the girls would the extra views or subscribers...or not ...lol

As a father I enjoy just being outside with my kids and doing a *free activity that we all have fun doing.....(*free = I mean having to buy snacks donuts/pretzels/ice creams or whatever...HA!)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeI97tBPBCljMyw4hu1UNpg

Hello!!!

I am some what new to Geocaching, I tried it a few years ago, but didn't do but a couple.  Recently signed as a Premium member.  Pretty much hooked on it. my girlfriend Jennifer enjoy going out, her kids LOVE it!!  So we do a family CACHE DAY.  I also recently hida couple.  Having an issue with one, but the other is live.  Well we hope to see some of you out there.  

Edited by scoutman1

Hey fellow Cachers!  I'm based in Hobart, Tasmania but my folks are from Launceston, Tasmania so all of my finds are within those two cities so far because I don't travel much.  I've owned a Garmin Oregon 600 for years and had known since then that geocaching is a thing but it's took me until now to properly get in to it.  Some CO's and Cachers around Hobart may notice I have some of my finds with SamIAm1998 who is one of my closest friends: we both got in to caching at the same time.  If anyone is in southern Tasmania and wants to meet some new cachers, SamIAm1998 would love to meet you.  Happy caching and may your find count always be N +1! 

Hey all! My name is Cheyenne and with my boyfriend Brendon we are CaywoodAdventures <3

I have known about geocaching for awhile since my nature center holds multiple camps per summer to educate the kids in the neighborhood. (I was a counselor and got to learn too!!) I never did it outside of the center and had no idea it was half as popular as it is! 

After a little research my boyfriend and I decided this is something we might enjoy, well we love it now. One month in and we have already planned out our trip to make it to a CITO event in another state!! We have learned a lot so quickly, but we know we have a LOT to learn and improve on. 

We hope to have premium before the event happens to fully enjoy the geo art and new city we will be exploring. Either way it is going to be an amazing experience and I can't wait to meet other treasure hunters! 

Thank you for all being kind human beings. I love this community so much already!

• Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, Tartanforever said:

Hi Everyone! I’m Tartanforever (really named Lori).  My daughter and I have talked about getting into caching for a number of years and are finally doing it! I live in Texas. I’ve found 3, so far. I’ve got so much to learn from everyone. Looking forward to it all!

Welcome Lori!

18 hours ago, Tartanforever said:

Hi Everyone! I’m Tartanforever (really named Lori).  My daughter and I have talked about getting into caching for a number of years and are finally doing it! I live in Texas. I’ve found 3, so far. I’ve got so much to learn from everyone. Looking forward to it all!

Howdy!

Hi WillowBrookJonkerman here! I’m pretty much brand new to geocaching. After moving to the west coast of Canada only a few weeks ago my goal has been to discover the natural beauty within the area. With that being said I was recently out on a hike with my coworker and he brought up geocaching. Being the curious person I am, I downloaded the app. And with a few tips from him I can’t wait to get going. 

Cache you out there!!

Hola! Me and my son have just been kicked into the geocache universe - we found our first cache this week and we were jumping around like loony spring lambs... guess we've caught the bug! We are looking forward to more adventures, especially when we visit the Lakes in August :-)

(we are from the East coast of England).

Edited by xX_Paradox_Xx

Hi Everyone 

I’m Lucy and I have recently started geocaching. It’s wonderful to be part of this global community! 

I’m lucky enough to live in a beautiful part of West Yorkshire (UK) up on the Pennine Way. I’ve recently started geocaching (having dabbled in the past when the kids were small). I’ve found a few local caches and as a result wandered into some stunning scenery not too far from where I live which has been an added bonus as I thought I pretty much knew the entire area!  It’s added a great dimension to my solo walks and as I travel for work from time to time, its giving me an excuse to explore the places I visit. I was in Milton Keynes recently and had to leave the area with a DNF which is frustrating.... but I’ll be back! 

I also have small grandchildren and geocaching is a great way to encourage walks. 

I’m looking forward to doing more and if there are any Yorkshire geocachers out there who can give me any tips that would be great! I’m sure there is a lot I need to know, but for now I’m happy just being here and getting started! 

Best,

Lucy 

Bonjour, moi c'est kimin88, j'avais entendu parlé du geocaching il y a un moment, et la je me suis dis allait on tente, il y a quelques cachés autour de chez moi on y va, et je ne suis pas déçu, hier, j'ai trouvé 4 cachés sur 6, mais il y a beaucoup de cachés pour les prenium donc je pense que je vais le prendre, y a t il un code de réduction en ce moment ? En tout cas merci geocaching pour ses petites balades. 

On 6/10/2019 at 8:18 AM, kimin88 said:

Bonjour, moi c'est kimin88, j'avais entendu parlé du geocaching il y a un moment, et la je me suis dis allait on tente, il y a quelques cachés autour de chez moi on y va, et je ne suis pas déçu, hier, j'ai trouvé 4 cachés sur 6, mais il y a beaucoup de cachés pour les prenium donc je pense que je vais le prendre, y a t il un code de réduction en ce moment ? En tout cas merci geocaching pour ses petites balades. 

Bonjour kimin88. Bienvenue !

Il y a possibilité de demander une période d'essai gratuite en passant par le centre d'aide du site geocaching.com. Je ne connais pas la procédure exacte par cœur mais, en gros, il faut contacter le QG (HQ en anglais) et le leur demander dans le formulaire de contact.

Hi, I am Yemus from Munich, Germany. I just found my first cache and I am excited! Its a bit like treasure hunting. I play the Augumented reality game Ingress for several years now and just started ccaching because I thing both go very well toghether. Many Ingress players start geocaching and vice versa. So I hope to make new friends with geocaching from all over the world.  seee you at the next cache!

18 minutes ago, Yemus said:

Hi, I am Yemus from Munich, Germany. I just found my first cache and I am excited! Its a bit like treasure hunting. I play the Augumented reality game Ingress for several years now and just started ccaching because I thing both go very well toghether. Many Ingress players start geocaching and vice versa. So I hope to make new friends with geocaching from all over the world.  seee you at the next cache!

Be welcome... but please discuss other games on their dedicated forums. ;) 

I did orienteering a few decades ago and heard about geocaching a long time ago. I took my housemate's daughter out geocaching recently and thought it would be great if we created a cache for our neighborhood. Unfortunately for us, a premium cache is hidden near us, forbidding us from posting one in front of our house. It's more than a little frustrating.  

52 minutes ago, Braaainz said:

I did orienteering a few decades ago and heard about geocaching a long time ago. I took my housemate's daughter out geocaching recently and thought it would be great if we created a cache for our neighborhood. Unfortunately for us, a premium cache is hidden near us, forbidding us from posting one in front of our house. It's more than a little frustrating.  

Guess you know any physical cache would forbid it if it's within 528' .   :)

May be a good thing though.  Cache a while.  See a few more examples of how people are treating other folk's containers, properties n stuff. 

- For example,  all three caches you found have red wrenches showing they Needed Maintenance, and either were never fixed, or the CO didn't understand an Owner Maintenance log. 

Then decide if you really want strangers approaching your front yard .   ;)      Good luck.

• Helpful 1
57 minutes ago, paperworks said:

Hey there. I was an avid cacher for years and then my full time job derailed my finds for a while. i a, trying to get back into it but my android app is all different and even my desktop view has no "go/start" button. How does this work now?

You don't say if you're using the geocaching app or another's.

Maybe a refresher with  Geocaching 101 will help ?    :)

Hi Everyone,

Just started this past weekend.  Have 10 finds under my belt and now have a million questions which I will actually research and not bore you.  I live on the Eastern Shore of Virginia...so beautiful here and a few caches to keep me busy.  

Hi everyone. Matt here.  Downloaded the app. The other day. Have know about Caching for a while. Never really had time with the kids being small. Now they are getting bigger. They like the idea of treasure hunting, and we like camping, exploring, and going new places. Seemed like a good fit. Hope we have lots of fun out there. 

10 hours ago, MattnFam said:

Hi everyone. Matt here.  Downloaded the app. The other day. Have know about Caching for a while. Never really had time with the kids being small. Now they are getting bigger. They like the idea of treasure hunting, and we like camping, exploring, and going new places. Seemed like a good fit. Hope we have lots of fun out there. 

Welcome, Matt & Family!

Hello all, Lil_Red_Chevy from SE Ohio here. I found Geocaching accidentally while Munzee hunting in 2014. I have logged a few here and there since, but I now have a lot more time to dedicate, so I have decided to jump in whole hog. only 29 finds so far, but I have 2 trips planned for concentrated geocaching in the near future.