Introduce Yourself

The_Capital_Kid

Hello Everyone,

We are in Ontario Canada!  A friend of a friend took us out geocaching a few years back and we had a great time.... So, when I was looking for things to do with my 11 year old this summer, this came to mind.  We are headed out shortly to try to find our very first caches on our own... please wish us luck!

Edited by Mascangel

Sunnysoleil from Ontario Canada here. Went caching the other day in my town, but had to stop the one search as the vagrant who decided to use his bathroom was a little much, and then the domestic dispute outside a home near the next cache I was searching for mare me pack it in for the day. Lol these things happen, still very excited to try again!! Had heard about geocaching decades ago, then ran across the app and it reignited my curiosity. Can't wait to get started :)

• Upvote 1
On 8/30/2018 at 11:46 AM, Binfordclan3 said:

hey there!!  New from Northern California!  My sister and niece were in town visiting and introduced my family to geocaching!  

Welcome,  Binfordclan3.  I've only been to a small area in N. California (Sonoma/Napa), and I wish wish wish I could return to explore.

G'day. I started geocaching in June this year and became a premium member in under a month. So far I have 26 finds, not too bad considering I don't own a car and I live in a rural town where the closest cache is 8km away. I'm hoping to change that, but wanted to experience a variety of caches first. So far I've found caches in Dalby, Toowoomba, Brisbane, Gold Coast, and on a family trip to Melbourne recently I was joined by my nephew (Master13) for a few finds. I'm definitely hooked. :smile: Runawayz  (Queensland, Australia)

• Upvote 2

Hello my name is Stephen and im from Pennsylvania. Heard about geocaching years ago never really gave it much thought. Recently my 7 year old daughter became fascinated with treasure hunting which brought us to geocaching.  So far we have 50 finds. My work schedule unfortunately doesn't let us spend alot of time together and this has been a wonder and adictive bonding experience. She wanted a geocaching name so we came up with tiny treasure lol. Have fun everyone and be safe.

Hi All

I'm new to Geocaching, I came across some videos on youtube by The Geocaching Vlogger last week and decided to join the website and give it a try as it looked like a lot of fun.

Today was my first time out looking for caches and found my first one not too far from where I live.  I plan on subscribing to the premium membership in the near future as there seems to be quite a few around where I live. Having even more caches to discover isn't a bad thing. :lol:

Hi Everyone, I've recently discovered Geocaching due to a totally random app suggestion I got from the App Store last month.

After a brief reading I downloaded the app, already thinking that Italy will probably be a poor place for geocaching, but... SURPRISE!! I was totaly surrounded by caches!! I could easily grab my first ones in just less than 1km from my home usually involving my GF and friends in the hunting (they are enthusiast too!)

Thanks to this wonderful community, all the volunteers and Cache Owners for letting me discovery new wonderful places just minutes away from home!

On 3/31/2017 at 2:13 PM, The_Capital_Kid said:

Hello everyone! The Capital Kid here! I am new to Geocaching with this account. I have been caching for over a year (only found like 25 though...) but I was using that account as a tester account. Now that I am fully feeling this game, I have bought the premium membership and am ready to go! I am also going to be doing Geocaching videos on Daily motion under the same name (The_Capital_Kid) and am looking forward to having people checking those out. I hope to meet some awesome people here on the forums and please do feel free to post here if you are new!

Thanks for the read!

Hi Capital KId ,,,Im a new geocaching.....I think I will enjoy it.... my name is Elisa ..Im from Mexico.....

Hello fellow Geocacher's......

I am 29, from the United Kingdom. I dipped my toe into the GeoCache world back in 2016, I did not understand it and did not have time. I am now looking for a new hobby and thought I would make time to give it a proper bash! 
In the past three days me and my son have found 4 geocache's near our house. I think I am becoming addicted. :)

I would love to meet up with other local Geocachers and learn more about Geocaching. Some of the game processes such as Tags, Events, Waymarks and EarthCaches are a little confusing. So lots of reading on the forums :) 

Happy Geocachning x

Hi!  I’m new to this forum.  My husband and I make up the team Ewe&Me - we recently retired from sheep farming and originally dairy farming.  Our daughter introduced us to geocaching 4 years ago and though we got off to a slow start I am totally addicted now and my husband is happy to accompany me.  We are seniors so I appreciate the caches that are a bit easier to get at and we especially enjoy caches along the trails.  This hobby gets me on my feet and out into the fresh air like nothing else can!!!  My only regret is that we didn’t discover this hobby many years ago!  Any other Nova Scotians out there?

Edited by Ewe&Me
To add a question.
  • Upvote 1
On 9/26/2018 at 6:14 AM, nene1989 said:

Hello fellow Geocacher's......

I am 29, from the United Kingdom. I dipped my toe into the GeoCache world back in 2016, I did not understand it and did not have time. I am now looking for a new hobby and thought I would make time to give it a proper bash! 
In the past three days me and my son have found 4 geocache's near our house. I think I am becoming addicted. :)

I would love to meet up with other local Geocachers and learn more about Geocaching. Some of the game processes such as Tags, Events, Waymarks and EarthCaches are a little confusing. So lots of reading on the forums :) 

Happy Geocachning x

Welcome aboard! Yes, this 'Getting Started' forum is great, but please spend time in the Help Center as well! Read the guidelines and concepts, then come back here with questions.

https://www.geocaching.com/help/

On 26/09/2018 at 11:14 AM, nene1989 said:

I would love to meet up with other local Geocachers and learn more about Geocaching.

If you’re on FB check out local Geocaching groups in your area.

Also, look out for local Geocaching events - on your dashboard (on the website on a PC), you’ll see a calendar top-right.

On 8/31/2018 at 5:51 PM, Mascangel said:

Hello Everyone,

We are in Ontario Canada!  A friend of a friend took us out geocaching a few years back and we had a great time.... So, when I was looking for things to do with my 11 year old this summer, this came to mind.  We are headed out shortly to try to find our very first caches on our own... please wish us luck!

On 9/3/2018 at 5:26 PM, Sunnysoleil12 said:

Sunnysoleil from Ontario Canada here. Went caching the other day in my town, but had to stop the one search as the vagrant who decided to use his bathroom was a little much, and then the domestic dispute outside a home near the next cache I was searching for mare me pack it in for the day. Lol these things happen, still very excited to try again!! Had heard about geocaching decades ago, then ran across the app and it reignited my curiosity. Can't wait to get started :)

Hey hey fellow Ontarians, just getting started with geocaching myself. Seems like a cool hobby and a few of my friends are into it, the first time I was introduced to geocaching by my friend I was in cottage country and we found a trackable! What a great first experience! 

Hello, Mildycat here.  I'm brand new, started this last spring of 2018.  My cousins in Florida peaked my curiosity about this game and I got hooked.  I have found 58 and not found many more.  I have not hid my first one yet as I am not sure about doing the coordinate part with my phone.  Other than that, I love doing it as much as I'm able.  I'm disabled so there are several I can not do, but that's okay.  I try to get all the easy ones. 

Hi all, I'm new to this and in South Manchester. I randomly heard the term Geocaching a while ago and had a look into it recently. I decided to give it a go, be an even better excuse to get out for longer with doggo. Going to have a go this weekend at finding my first cache, well  it may be earlier as I have discovered there is one less than a minute from my work so might have a try on Thursday morning before my late shift. 

Anyway, I'll give it a try before looking at the premium membership as there are a few premium caches near me.

Hi all! Our family is new to geocaching. Discovered it last week (where have we been? living under a rock??? obviously not, cause there would probably be a geocache nearby...) and went out for the first time today. Logged 8 caches and upgraded to premium. We can't wait for our baby girl to get a little older, we know she'll love the experience just as much as us!

46 minutes ago, twochicksandababy said:

Hi all! Our family is new to geocaching. Discovered it last week (where have we been? living under a rock??? obviously not, cause there would probably be a geocache nearby...) and went out for the first time today. Logged 8 caches and upgraded to premium. We can't wait for our baby girl to get a little older, we know she'll love the experience just as much as us!

Welcome to geocaching :) . I hope you have fun.

Hi everyone, my name is Persony. I live in the USA, in Southern California.  I just started geocaching a few days ago and have found it quite fun. I am getting my sister, and nephew involved but it will probably be only one or two caches a week with them. My nephew has Autism so it can be a little tough when looking for caches. It does get him out of the house and moving around but he doesn't really like the idea of trading his toys, and since we live in a city it can be kind of scary when he suddenly decides that he wants to run towards the cars...either way is a good way to teach him about rules and sharing, wile having a cool treasure hunting adventure with the family.

Greetings from Lancashire!

Just returned to the hobby after a 13-year break. Can't believe the changes that have taken place since I last did any caching.

The technology is incredible! I've ditched my old heavy, battery-gobbling GPS and have invested in a GPSmap 64st. A nice unit which aquires a fix within seconds, wheras by old one takes forever to find itself.

Can't say I'm impressed with how seriously some folks take the hobby though. For me, it adds interest to the walking that I do in the UK and in Spain (I'm 74 years old and retired) but finding a cache isn't life-or-death to me. If I don't find a cache, I rarely bother to go back a second time unless I'm close by. 

Hasta Luego.