Introduce Yourself

The_Capital_Kid

2 hours ago, RuideAlmeida said:

You may also consider using simply a smartphone (if you already have one). There are many available apps apart from the free official. You should also consider a Premium Membership... if you always have been Basic Member, you can enjoy a free month voucher, to try all the benefits.

Thanks! No smartphone but I don't mind buying a new GPS. I think I have decided on the Garmin GPSMAP 64. Just a little over $200 and gets great reviews from several publications.

We were premium members back in 2005 when we were active in the hobby. I'm sure we will be again.

Hey y'all. I'm a college student from the Kansas City, Missouri area. I found out about geocaching through Reddit and I am super excited to get started. I've found a bunch that I want to try and find. It's a great way to get out of the house  and get some excercise.The weather's been sort of iffy here but that's never stopped me before. I work outdoors anyway! 

Edited by desala

Howdo, From the North West UK. I'd heard of Geocaching before, but until Sunday afternoon I'd never really read up into it. Anyway, I signed up to the site, downloaded an app and went for a wander, and have have found a few caches in the 36 hours I've been playing the game. Anyway, just wanted to say "Hi".

6 hours ago, X4ulZ4n said:

Howdo, From the North West UK. I'd heard of Geocaching before, but until Sunday afternoon I'd never really read up into it. Anyway, I signed up to the site, downloaded an app and went for a wander, and have have found a few caches in the 36 hours I've been playing the game. Anyway, just wanted to say "Hi".

Welcome!

PS: Hopefully not a brexiteer. :D

Hello everyone. It in my bike today and stumbled across a little find! Problem is I've brought it home before i read it. I have a rough idea of where i got it from but not exact spot. This sounds like great fun and willing to participate so will place back tomorrow. However what do i do now? I can see people have signed it just 2 days ago too be exact. Would like a little more info please. Thanks I'm from Chester. Cheshire Uk

Guten Tag miteinander!

Meine Frage ist, kann man zwei Smartfone Glaxy S6 und S7 gemeinsam parallel mit einem Akotieren nutzen? Das soll heißen, meine Frau mit S7 und meinen Daten zum Einloggen? Das würde sich besser machen, wenn wir gemeinsam nach etwas suchen und sie auch die notwendigen Infos haben. Wer kann mir sagen, dass es eine gute und machbare Lösung gibt? Wenn das nicht geht, dann ist es halt so, sie lässt sich nicht extra anmelden und einen Nutzernamen einrichten. Wer mir antworten möchte, dann bitte hier in den Foren oder auf 

pinguin, r2055 @ gmx.de Ich sage schon einmal Danke für eine Antwort. Es grüßt euch rrad01

Edited by rrad01
42 minutes ago, MyGEOWorld56 said:

Hello Everyone. I am new to Geocaching and any tips or info would be great. How should I start? When should I leave my first cache? Looking forward to this adventure.

Be welcome.

Give a broad search in this forum and you will find lots of good advice. If you can, try Attend a nearby Event... always a good starting point. :)

3 hours ago, culturalenigma said:

HI all. not so new user here. I have posted a question in the "how do I" a few days ago and it's still pending, hoping to get some attention to it...  :(

Welcome culturalenigma. I had a look at the first page of threads in the "how do I" section of this forum and didn't see any which would have been started by you. Last threads on the first page begun in late January. This is more or less one month. Much more than a few days, in my understanding. Sorry. 

13 hours ago, culturalenigma said:

HI all. not so new user here. I have posted a question in the "how do I" a few days ago and it's still pending, hoping to get some attention to it...  :(

Though it does say "2 posts" under your name, when looking at "See the Forum Posts for This User" on your profile page,  the only one showing is this Introduce Yourself post.

Often when we see posts or threads vaporized is when something inappropriate or violating the Terms of Use was posted, and a mod simply removed it.

• Upvote 1
On 2/26/2018 at 2:58 PM, epjones62 said:

Hello everyone, just discovered geocaching, and loving it, only found 5 I fear we have a lot to learn, but very much looking forward to finding more on our travels. I have some mobility issues, but from what I see so far, there are plenty we can hunt for.........

Be very welcome!

14 hours ago, Phantomcarnivore said:

Hello everyone, 

I am new to geocaching. Only joined last month and found 6 finds. Would appreciate tips and any helpful information that may be of use to a newbie. Like gear, what to do about muggles, fastest ways to find caches, earth caches, etc.

Be welcome!

Take a larger tour around the several sub-forums and you will find a multitude of tips... if you can't find anything specific, feel free to create a new topic (just avoid duplicating, please) and ask. :)

Not really new, started officially in July '04, but it had been a while since I'd been out caching. Logged on a couple days ago and wow, the website has changed a lot, for the better. Downloaded the Android app and wow, I thought the old Windows Phone app was pretty good, and that was a couple years ago.

Went out the last two days using my phone and my old blue Garmin etrex Legend. Then I noticed why I quit using my Garmin. After a while the screen goes blank with a vertical line on the screen. Have to pull a battery to turn it back on. If anybody has seen this and knows of a fix, I'd gladly welcome your suggestion. My phone works really really well, it just kills the battery though.

So now I've been researching a replacement GPSr. I've flip-flopped between the etrex Venture HC and etrex 20x. Finally decided on the 20x, pretty much cause I like the orange color, lol (old SAR mentality coming out).

My son enjoys it, so the more I can keep him outside, off the video game/s, the better! Hope to see you in the field.

21 minutes ago, brasda91 said:

Not really new, started officially in July '04, but it had been a while since I'd been out caching. Logged on a couple days ago and wow, the website has changed a lot, for the better. Downloaded the Android app and wow, I thought the old Windows Phone app was pretty good, and that was a couple years ago.

Went out the last two days using my phone and my old blue Garmin etrex Legend. Then I noticed why I quit using my Garmin. After a while the screen goes blank with a vertical line on the screen. Have to pull a battery to turn it back on. If anybody has seen this and knows of a fix, I'd gladly welcome your suggestion. My phone works really really well, it just kills the battery though.

So now I've been researching a replacement GPSr. I've flip-flopped between the etrex Venture HC and etrex 20x. Finally decided on the 20x, pretty much cause I like the orange color, lol (old SAR mentality coming out).

My son enjoys it, so the more I can keep him outside, off the video game/s, the better! Hope to see you in the field.

Happy return! :)

• Upvote 1

Hi from Hong Kong! Just started Geocaching, it's so much fun! I love how I get to explore new places I've never been to.

Wondering if I should get the premium though. I'm worried that I may stop playing in a few weeks and waste the the yearly payment, when the monthly option is just not worth it.

Are there any other ways to access those functions? Just wanna try if its worth the price.

Hi :) My name is Evelyne, and I went geocaching for the first time last week while on a spring break trip to visit family in Thermopolis, WY. My daughter is a girl scout, and we went geocaching so she could earn a patch for her vest. Turns out, we both like it, and have tried to find some more caches since we got back too. She sees it as a giant treasure hunt :D School and work keep us busy, but we want to try to find some more caches on the weekends and next time we go on a trip somewhere.

1 hour ago, MrsEK said:

Hi :) My name is Evelyne, and I went geocaching for the first time last week while on a spring break trip to visit family in Thermopolis, WY. My daughter is a girl scout, and we went geocaching so she could earn a patch for her vest. Turns out, we both like it, and have tried to find some more caches since we got back too. She sees it as a giant treasure hunt :D School and work keep us busy, but we want to try to find some more caches on the weekends and next time we go on a trip somewhere.

Be welcome you both! (With a scout salutation also!) :)

Hi there from CoyfoxGrey! I'm not exactly new to geocaching but I am new to the forums! I'm from Delaware, born and raised here. When I'm not caching I like to listen to music, play various video games, and draw or do other artsy stuff. I've even made my own wooden nickel trackable design before! Hopefully I'll meet some new friends here.

Hello everyone, i'm droeder715. I just yesterday started to get into geocaching and today I achieved my first find! I live in Oxford PA, and ill walk a good 3 miles for a cache(depending on the size) I walk a mile and a half for my first and only(so far) find, and I thought it was very much worth the walk. Anyway I'm looking for some people to geocache with, so if anyone wants to join me in one that lives close or is a traveler, contact me.

Thanks!

--droeder715            

Live life to the fullest, if not, life is empty.

Hello! We are a family of four  ( 2 adults, 2 kids) who love nature and hiking with our dog. Several people we know suggested geocaching, so we purchased a handheld gps which arrived yesterday. We downloaded some maps and purchased a premium membership. Today was our first attempt and we were over the moon to find the cache! We're definitely hooked.

• Upvote 1

Hello all. I make maps (for work and for fun) so it was inevitable I'd become a geocacher; just joined this week and I've already caught the bug. Looking forward to creating a few caches of my own.

Currently based in Cardiff, UK, but hoping to geocache everywhere I go. Hope to meet some of you at events! <3

Edited by mtlewando