Introduce Yourself

The_Capital_Kid

Hello everyone! We are very new to all of this so we have thrown ourselves into the forum tonight to try and pick up as many tips as we can. We have only gone out before with friends when they have been in search and thought it was about time we got our own account sorted out. I will be geocaching with my 3 children mainly in the Cambridgeshire area to start with but who knows after that! :D 

4 hours ago, Team Christiansen said:

Welcome to the game. You will love it.

Never mess with a geocacher! They know the best places to hide a body.

Just don't put a cache next to it. The FtF will be in for a surprise. Thanks for the welcome!

4 hours ago, RuideAlmeida said:

Welcome Michele (ma belle) ;)

Sont des mots qui vont très bien ensemble :lol:

Thank you for the welcome.

Hey all from Arkansas!

It's hard to imagine this has been going on since 2000. I was looking at GPS devices and noticed some were Geocache compatible so I looked up what Geocaching is. Sounded fun so I told the wife about it and we found our first cache yesterday on the way home from work. Maybe we will run into some of you on a trek?

Hi you guys :) I am not new, but I am re-entering the atmosphere of my favorite thing to do ever...so I am back! I currently live in Hawaii, and have been here for years. I am most recently from Arizona prior to moving to Maui, and next week, we are returning home to southern Arizona. I am looking to make geocaching friends around the area. While I started almost 10 years ago, I went through a growing stage of not logging finds, I know, I know. So when I get back home, I will be returning to old spots to cleanly and correctly log old finds, and enjoy the many new ones. For the next few days, I'll be trying to grab many more of the few caches here on the island, and get some trackables ready to make their way around the world from Maui, and move some more back to the mainland. I own a couple of eTrex Vista HCxs that my kids use, and recently got an Oregon 650t :) I am a map junkie and data geek, so after a few years of having to put geocaching on hiatus, I am so, so happy to come home, with a fresh start :) Looking forward to making new friends!

9 hours ago, TumbleweedDeb said:

Hi you guys :) I am not new, but I am re-entering the atmosphere of my favorite thing to do ever...so I am back! I currently live in Hawaii, and have been here for years. I am most recently from Arizona prior to moving to Maui, and next week, we are returning home to southern Arizona.

Couldn't find enough tumbleweeds in Hawaii?   Welcome back.  

Hallo Liebe Geocaching Community!

Ich bin der Karsten oder auch unter dem Nicknamen "kaktusprinz" bekannt hier auf Geocaching.com. Ich lebe in Deutschland, genauer gesagt in der Ruhrgebietsstadt Bochum und bin bereits seit Juni 2012 angemeldet und seitdem auch Premium-Member, um die vollen Funktionen ausgiebig zu nutzen. 

Geocaching ist für mich weit mehr als einfach nur ein Hobby. Ich habe auf meine Abenteuer schon vieles erleben dürfen, sei es außergewöhnliche Ort oder auch Begegnungen. Auch Freundschaften konnte ich durch die vielen tollen Events, Megas, Gigas, CITO´s oder auch durch FTF Tour finden. Wirklich viele unterschiedliche Menschen, die einen auf den Abenteuern immer wieder auftauchen. Die Community in Deutschland ist auch sehr aktiv, was Events betrifft. Es wird sich ausgetauscht und gefragt, es werden Gemeinschaftsprojekte und auch Events veranstaltet. Ich fühle mich sehr wohl in der Community. 

Thank you for Geocaching.com 

Liebe Grüße und bis bald im Wald oder auf einen Event =) 

Karsten alias kaktusprinz

Hi there all... My name is Tommy.

I have had the app for a couple of years now and been out here and there. I have not found anyone to participate with. I live in the Redlands (Southern California) area and know that they are out there...

Hope I can connect and get out some more and find some more caches...

Edited by tlmcgraw
Added more specific area to my locale

Yikes!  I never introduced myself, so I figure I will now.  My name is Jim - "Big Jim" is my nickname (long story - was a tiny kid in middle school, grew into the nickname by high school, height-wise - just like some giant people are nicknamed "Tiny", mine is the opposite).  I live about a half-hour northish of Philadelphia, PA - I'm a huge railfan/train lover (full-size, not really toy or model trains) - if you Google "Big Jim Video Productions" you can find out more.  I started Geocaching in April of this past year - I'll usually try to hit one or two every few days, and then go nuts on a weekend day or two if I'm out photographing/chasing trains - cache in between trains, on the drive there or back.  Otherwise - any questions about me/my life, ask away - and hi!

Got into Geocaching with my older brother a while back. First cache discovered was in a huge parking lot cleverly hidden in the base housing of a light post and my brother was attacked by a large spider haha. Recently decided to make an account so I could hunt on my own at the drop of a hat.

Hi everyone! My name is Shawn and I'm a Canadian/Swede living in Stockholm, Sweden. I'm still fairly new here even though I'm about to log my 100th cache at some point today. I've been geocaching for about 3 weeks now and love it and I'm happy to see that geocaching is still alive and well. Welcome to all other newcomers! 

Hey, all! I'm brand-new to geocaching and beyond excited to be here! :] 
I first found out about geocaching in the first grade when we had a geocaching outing as a class. I haven't went back to it since, but I was obsessed with holding the GPS, haha.
I'm from Illinois & I'm a student at the moment. My hobbies include robotics, bike rides, and browsing the internet. Nice to meet you!

Geocaching will be a "once in a while" thing for me, but I think it'll be a blast! Huge thanks to all of the contributors, administrators, and staff members here... I'd be completely lost if you all didn't pitch in. 

Happy caching! 

Hello all! My name is Mark. VERY new to Geocaching..... one week, 4 finds. Just using my iPhone right now, but a GPS is on my Christmas list!! :) Based out of Central Alberta, Canada. I was introduced to Geocaching by a young family we helped while camping. They were off on a hunt and I thought "that sounds like fun"! Thanks Ron and Mattie.(sorry didn't get their last name)

See you out there!

1 hour ago, niksagkram said:

Hello all! My name is Mark. VERY new to Geocaching..... one week, 4 finds. Just using my iPhone right now, but a GPS is on my Christmas list!! :) Based out of Central Alberta, Canada. I was introduced to Geocaching by a young family we helped while camping. They were off on a hunt and I thought "that sounds like fun"! Thanks Ron and Mattie.(sorry didn't get their last name)

See you out there!

Welcome! I hope to get back up to your neck of the woods one day. Nice to see you here, from a desert rat <3

Greetings All,

I am an HQ "Backyard" cacher in the Seattle area. Been at this obsession going on 9 years now. Have really enjoyed the game and have met some fantastic people Have not posted much in the forums, so I am fairly new to this part of the game. Anyway its been a fantastic 9 years and I plan to keep going until I can no longer go!

Hello! I've been a member since '13 but this is the first time I'm posting on the forums. My name is Manda and I dwell in the great state of Massachusetts! My favorite cache I've found was a micro film canister type. Watching The History Channel this morning has reinvigorated my interest in Geocaching. Combine that with my Jeep in the woods and you have a great day! 

Hello, I am new to the forum though I have been geocaching with my better half for nearly a year, and actually became a volunteer translator a few months ago.

My name is Laurence and I live in Rouen, Normandy (France). I am an English teacher with a fondness for riddles, history, travel and hikes with a goal, so geocaching kinda hits all the right buttons !

My current goal is to reach 365 finds before the anniversary of my first find. It may seem easy but I do try to have à social life, and of course my job keeps  me occupied at home too.

Happy to meet you all !