Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
hofy67

Any way to lock map to prevent rotating?

There are times I am navigating to a cache and touch the screen or pinch to zoom in and the map gets rotated. I would like to lock the map to prevent this.

Unless I misunderstand your question, it could be as simple as tapping the compass.

First tap - centers on my current position. Compass rosette turns green.

Second tap - rotating, "Heads-Up". Compass rosette is green with a turning N-S needle inside it.

Third tap - stationary - "North-Up". Compass rosette turns white with a needle-less compass icon.

Or something like that.

Edited by TeamRabbitRun

Unless I misunderstand your question, it could be as simple as tapping the compass.

Second tap - rotating, "Heads-Up". Compass rosette is green with a turning N-S needle inside it.

Third tap - stationary - "North-Up". Compass rosette turns white with a needle-less compass icon.

Or something like that.

Thanks, that is working as a patch. I am looking for something more permanent though.

Or something like that.

Thanks, that is working as a patch. I am looking for something more permanent though.

Even simpler, if the map is rotated, then a red/white arrow icon appears at the top left of the map. Tap that once and the map will re-orient to North-up. If the red/white arrow icon isn't there, then the map is already in North-up orientation.

Or something like that.

Even simpler, if the map is rotated, then a red/white arrow icon appears at the top left of the map. Tap that once and the map will re-orient to North-up. If the red/white arrow icon isn't there, then the map is already in North-up orientation.

Yes, I have that figured out. I want the map to always stay north up. No rotating at all.